Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eightdancinghammers
    • May 2012

.vss files on ssc?

i have a verus pro and all of my single frame scope files are saving as ".vss" type file. when i transfer these files to shopstream connect on a windows 7 laptop i cannot view them. i get a list of files but when i try to open them i get a window that says "loading of file unsuccessful. check instalation." what am i doing wrong?
  • phill57
    • Oct 2007

cannot open .vss files

Looks like an update to Shopstream is needed. I'm seeing the same issue. seems that if you open the file with 12.4 data manager it is somehow converted and will not open with SSC. Still playing and trying to figure it out too.

Comment

• eightdancinghammers
      • May 2012

thanks phill57 at least i know i'm not the only one.

Comment

• Rich Shepherd
        Snap-on D&I
        • Nov 2006

The scope viewer in SSC 8.3.0.6 will not open 12.2 and 12.4 Verus scope files.
        An update is in the works.
        It shouldn't be too long, but I don't have a date to pass along yet.

Comment

• eightdancinghammers
          • May 2012

thank you rich! i thought maybe i was doing something wrong. i will keep an eye out for the update.

Comment

• Wheel
            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Rich Shepherd
            The scope viewer in SSC 8.3.0.6 will not open 12.2 and 12.4 Verus scope files.
            An update is in the works.
            It shouldn't be too long, but I don't have a date to pass along yet.
            I sure hope they don't "Atlasize" the scantool view of Shopstream
            You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• phill57
              • Oct 2007

SSC won't open 12.4 scanner recordings.

Has there been any progress on this issue yet. I know that Snap-On is working on an update to SSC to allow it to replay 12.4 recordings. Still waiting.....

Comment

• Rich Shepherd
                Snap-on D&I
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by phill57
                Has there been any progress on this issue yet. I know that Snap-On is working on an update to SSC to allow it to replay 12.4 recordings. Still waiting.....
                Yes, there has been progress. We have a version in testing that opens 12.2 and 12.4 scope movies from the Verus platforms. Its not quite ready for release just yet though.

Comment

Working...