Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • badcoupe
    • Jan 2011

06 sonata airbag light but no codes?

I had an 06 sonata in today air bag lamp but verus picked no codes present or history. When i cleared them lamp went out until next ign cycle. there is no datastream offered for it in the menu. I was also surprised that ocs was not a seperate menu as well. Any suggestions?
  • Crusty
    • Dec 2007

Check for any communications codes in other modules. I don't know if the Sonata is capable of storing Uxxx codes the same way GM does but another module may have some information stored regarding the incident.

Comment

• badcoupe
      • Jan 2011

none of the other modules reported any codes, I wonder if its not an occupant class issue and snapon just doesnt have ocs coverage on hyundai yet.

Comment

• Pabliniboy
        • Mar 2011

Unplug something front sensor/seat belt etc then you know you should get a code for that, if you get no codes you may have a bad module..... Is this a body shop car?

Comment

• badcoupe
          • Jan 2011

when i get it back i'll try that, car is orig owner hasn't been crashed to my knowlege. they stopped in briefly due to the light. gonna schedule it in next week thanks for the ideas guys.

Comment

• 66superduty
            • Apr 2009

i work for hyundai now, they have a recall for the pass seat cushion for that issue,may need to send them to dealer. also some kia and hyundai air bags need special key to read them

Comment

• badcoupe
              • Jan 2011

Thanks guys! I advised him of recall and told him to contact Hyundai.

Comment

Working...