Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jonnybd1
    • Sep 2013

acronyms

where can i find definitions for ford trans acronyms?
  • Rich Shepherd
    Snap-on D&I
    • Nov 2006

Try here (User Manuals):

In:
    US Domestic Vehicle Communication Software Manual

Comment

• Trindaddy
      • Jan 2010

If you have S.O software, I usually look under troubleshooter, general information, abreviations used.

Comment

• jonnybd1
        • Sep 2013

thanks! ill look

Comment

• Wheel
          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Trindaddy
          If you have S.O software, I usually look under troubleshooter, general information, abreviations used.
          The real shame is that one has to spend the time looking this up
          when it could have been spelled out completely in the pid list instead of, or better yet, in addition to the acronym.

To the one - make mechanic, such as a dealer, this isn't as big a thing
          because he has only that make's acronyms to deal with, and stands a little more chance of learning them. He buys OEM scanners.

To the independent mechanic who works on everything, ( the chief customer of aftermarket scanner companies) this is every bit as difficult sometimes as trying to interpret mode 6 stuff by yourself.

I don't know that anyone gives a rat's butt about it, but thought I'd point it out.
          You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• prmayner
            • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Wheel
            The real shame is that one has to spend the time looking this up
            when it could have been spelled out completely in the pid list instead of, or better yet, in addition to the acronym.

To the one - make mechanic, such as a dealer, this isn't as big a thing
            because he has only that make's acronyms to deal with, and stands a little more chance of learning them. He buys OEM scanners.

To the independent mechanic who works on everything, ( the chief customer of aftermarket scanner companies) this is every bit as difficult sometimes as trying to interpret mode 6 stuff by yourself.

I don't know that anyone gives a rat's butt about it, but thought I'd point it out.
            I second that, Mitchell has some pretty good mode 6 defs, haven't used it enough to know about the acronyms, although i know one thing, how many more of them can they think of as if there wasn't enough already.

Comment

• komobu
              • Feb 2009

Another thing I would like to see added is a Change in Color for pids that are out of specs. This would also help teach techs how different pids can relate to each other.

Comment

• hefaus
                • Dec 2007

mode 6

Originally posted by komobu
                Another thing I would like to see added is a Change in Color for pids that are out of specs. This would also help teach techs how different pids can relate to each other.
                Best Program that does that in Mode 6 I found is called EScan. Says what they are and color codes for pids being out of sync. Keep Smiling

Comment

Working...