Unlocking European (the software is there but locked?)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Unlocking European (the software is there but locked?)

If someone bought a used Snap On Scanner with an older update level whether it be a newer currently supported model or a discontinued unsupported original Solus, Solus Pro, or Modis, (I know you can no longer buy the Final update for each tool after the 6mo window to do it before the next release) If The Euro Software is there but needs unlocking , can a Snap On tool guy unlock European on a platform with an older update level or on platforms no longer supported with new updates?
  • SnapOnKid
    • Jan 2011

Some of the older platforms had a card or USb that you could purchase with the software to unlock the euro option.

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

If the European software is already in the tool software, but simply locked, Can the buyer of a used Snap On platform with Asian and Domestic ,have the Snap on guy for a $300 -$400 fee or whatever the one time fee is , unlock the European coverage of an older update level using scan bay without having to buy a new update in order to unlock the European coverage?
      Seems like a logical thing to do that might slow the bleed of budget challenged techs just buying the new Chinese platforms that comes standard with Global Euro coverage and a year of updates, and warranty instead of having to buy a new update and paying extra to unlock the European coverage together in one shot that cost might cost over $1400 which is more than the cost of a brand new Port Freight 08 or whatever it's current successor is. I prefer not to Bank on Snap On or any brand name updates, just make a logical decision to get most return on my money, use it for a few years as is and get whatever else is a good deal for the money , whether new or used.
      A good deal might be to be able to get a used Solus Ultra cheap with something 15.2 with Asian and Domestic for a $900, get the European coverage unlocked for $400, then use it as is for 2 years then maybe update to 18.4 if the Chinese software functionality continues it's alleged freefall as they seem to be sucking up to lawyers and OE manufacturers more and more lately.
      Last edited by Witsend; 09-22-2016, 11:52 AM.

Comment

• BMW JEDI
        • Feb 2012

To the best of my recollection, the European unlock was a one time price of just a tick under $1000.

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

To the best of my recollection, the European unlock was a one time price of just a tick under $1000.
          Besides all inclusive honor to access all that is Farfignueggen, does it include a 2 nite 4 star hotel accommodations in Frankfart , a race card , and multi country citizenship?

Comment

• Snap-on_ULTRA
            • Jul 2012

If the European software is already in the tool software, but simply locked, Can the buyer of a used Snap On platform with Asian and Domestic ,have the Snap on guy for a $300 -$400 fee or whatever the one time fee is , unlock the European coverage of an older update level using scan bay without having to buy a new update in order to unlock the European coverage?
            My local Snap-On truck guy can unlock euro on any scanner for $300. Including old Solus. I called snap on to buy unlock card and they told me they no longer sell it for old Solus. I asked the truck guy and he did it on his truck and charged me $300. You would have to send your scanner body to him.

Comment

• Witsend
              Banned
              • Nov 2012

My local Snap-On truck guy can unlock euro on any scanner for $300. Including old Solus. I called snap on to buy unlock card and they told me they no longer sell it for old Solus. I asked the truck guy and he did it on his truck and charged me $300. You would have to send your scanner body to him.
              $300 is worth unlocking one with a newer update, if I knew the Snap On Guys around my area would do it for $300, I would consider getting a used Solus Ultra if I'm still able to use all the Euro adapters and keys from my old MT2500.

Comment

Working...