Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

Applying Screen Protectors

So whats the trade secret to profesionally installing a new screen saver. I change mine every few months but it doesn't look much better than the old one except for the wear marks. Air pockets, some dust, and not quite square. My hands just weren't meant for this kind of a job. I used to install decals by applying a little mist to make it easy to work the air out, not sure if thats wise to do here though. Any tips appreciated.
  • sandt38
    • May 2012

Originally posted by greasybob
    So whats the trade secret to profesionally installing a new screen saver. I change mine every few months but it doesn't look much better than the old one except for the wear marks. Air pockets, some dust, and not quite square. My hands just weren't meant for this kind of a job. I used to install decals by applying a little mist to make it easy to work the air out, not sure if thats wise to do here though. Any tips appreciated.
    That's how you do it. Use distilled water.

Make sure the screen is completely lint free and clean!!!

Comment

• greasybob
      • May 2008

Thanks, that seems to have worked better. I wasn't sure about getting the screen wet, Looks like new again, well maybe a few smudges.

Comment

• ratchetman
        • Mar 2011

Thanks for the tip. my last protector looks bad.

Comment

• Modis500
          • Sep 2012

Applied screen protectors on both my Modis and V. Pro the other day...some plastic cleaner *small spray* and a credit card. Worked out quite well, almost new.
          "If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time!"
          Zig Ziglar

Comment

• wilburn623
            • Aug 2013

Dust free

I use scotch tape before I install my screen protector to remove all the dust and lint. Credit card to remove air pockets

Comment

• SnapOnKid
              • Jan 2011

I bought some wipes that are specific for cleaning laptop and computer screens. They don't leave lint or any chemical residue. I wipe the screen and the face plate.

I then blow the screen and face plate with light air from one of those bottles thats for cleaning computer components to make sure there is no lose stuff in the borders or corners.

To apply new screen protector, I start at the bottom and work my way up slowly using plastic squeegee.

My secret is... I use 2 screen protectors.
              Then I only have to carefully pull top layer off and replace as needed.

Also make sure the touch pen has a clean smooth tip on it. If you drop the pen, Wipe it off and check it for chips and scratches.

Comment

Working...