Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Clayman
    • Feb 2009

Customer data

I bought a new Verus pro and want to copy my customer data from my old Verus running 10.2, I have 5 years of history and notes I want to keep, and my dealer is no help at all. He just told me to post on here!
  • EBI Webmaster
    Administrator
    • Sep 2006

Transfer Tool for switching platforms

Hi Guys,

Unfortunately 10.2 data is held in an SQL database and 10.4 and later is an XML database, so the transfer can be difficult.

There is a utility for backup and transfer, provided by the SO Customer Care Group that works on anything newer than 10.4. It is designed to be platform aware and put the backed up data in the correct folders for the platform it restores to.

Note: No warrantee’s, and it is only guaranteed to take up space in the electronic world.

Here is a link to the tool.

Just launch it and press the buttons.

Transfer.jpg
    Last edited by EBI Webmaster; 06-14-2013, 02:05 PM.
    http://askatech.snapon.com

Comment

• Crusty
      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Clayman
      I bought a new Verus pro and want to copy my customer data from my old Verus running 10.2, I have 5 years of history and notes I want to keep, and my dealer is no help at all. He just told me to post on here!
      This sounds like a job for SSC-!! MAYBE that program can access your files?? They may not be on the same piece of hardware but they may be still relatively readily available for review.

I hope ShopStream gets the attention it should have.

Comment

• Clayman
        • Feb 2009

Well thanx snap-on for not thinking ahead and seeing this might be a big problem, I have now lost 5 years of customer data files and notes, not too pleased that I supported you guys again by buying another Verus just to be let down, shame on you!

Comment

• transporter
          • Jun 2012

Well, wouldn't many of those customers driving a different car now? I mean, it shouldn't hurt that much, should it?

Comment

Working...