Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trindaddy
    • Jan 2010

Snap-on blue and red multimeter leads

I wanted all you guys to know what I found after asking, posting and re-purchasing these damn leads. Here is a copy of my UPDATE post in IATN "Snap-on Handheld users group" forum that I started:

Can someone take a look at your blue and red Modis (multimeter) leads and tell me if yours swivel when attached to probes, clamps etc and fit loosely. I am finding that nothing attaches to these leads and fits tight! Even bought a new set to find the same thin...

Funny how things pan out sometimes. S.O. TAKE NOTICE:

The new "Tech truck" showed up here today and provided me with an opportunity. I took my new multimeter leads and tried them against all his new Verus etc leads and clamps. Sure enough his leads (the blue and red) also fit sloppy......until we found one that didn't...then another! What we found is that those marked with "Revision F" all fit loose and will BONE you if used (trust me on this). The ones that are marked "revision G" are nice and tight!

So if you guys have "revision F" leads BEWARE. Check em' good B4 you get mis-lead (pun intended). I am posting this to my friends on S.O. diagnostic forum as well.

Thanks for the help guys.

Neil
  • BMW JEDI
    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Trindaddy
    I wanted all you guys to know what I found after asking, posting and re-purchasing these damn leads. Here is a copy of my UPDATE post in IATN "Snap-on Handheld users group" forum that I started:

Can someone take a look at your blue and red Modis (multimeter) leads and tell me if yours swivel when attached to probes, clamps etc and fit loosely. I am finding that nothing attaches to these leads and fits tight! Even bought a new set to find the same thin...

Funny how things pan out sometimes. S.O. TAKE NOTICE:

The new "Tech truck" showed up here today and provided me with an opportunity. I took my new multimeter leads and tried them against all his new Verus etc leads and clamps. Sure enough his leads (the blue and red) also fit sloppy......until we found one that didn't...then another! What we found is that those marked with "Revision F" all fit loose and will BONE you if used (trust me on this). The ones that are marked "revision G" are nice and tight!

So if you guys have "revision F" leads BEWARE. Check em' good B4 you get mis-lead (pun intended). I am posting this to my friends on S.O. diagnostic forum as well.

Thanks for the help guys.

Neil
    Funny, I just replied over there and then came here to find this!

8^)

Comment

Working...