Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Krm3051
    • Jan 2016

GM programing subscription

Hello I am new to the J2534 programing have done both Toyota and Honda factory programing. Monday I need to program a air bag module on a Chevrolet that has had air bag deployment and modules replaced. I have registered with acdelco, but wasn't sure which level of service I needed to purchase. They have a 2 day programing only and a 3 day tech2 win. When I went to a YouTube video of Drew Tech they were showing using the tech2 win. But I noticed that they have a yearly subscription to everything. I am confused as what I need to purchase to program a GM airbag. Thanks John
  • Glide
    • Jan 2015

Programming only,as long as you have a scan tool that can do the setup.

Edit: You didn't specify any vehicle info,so I'm assuming pre 2014.

Comment

• Krm3051
      • Jan 2016

Yes 2010 Traverse

Comment

• jm43130
        • Apr 2008

You definitely need the 2 day sps programming subscription to program srs module. If you have a scan tool that can setup module to BCM, you will be okay. If not, you will also have to purchase Tech2Win.

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
          • Apr 2011

Do you need to do programming for SRS and then use tool to code to BCM? Or you only need tool to code? I have done both to get it the SRS to program.

Comment

• Krm3051
            • Jan 2016

Originally posted by jm43130
            You definitely need the 2 day sps programming subscription to program srs module. If you have a scan tool that can setup module to BCM, you will be okay. If not, you will also have to purchase Tech2Win.

I have a Snap On Verus Edge and a Snap on J2534 pro 3. I am doing something wrong. Got the 2 day sps. When I try to program the module I get an error code E 4398 Stop

Comment

• jm43130
              • Apr 2008

This a is the instructions for programming SRS Module.
              Ignition on, program SDM,
              In the BCM Module setup menu, select setup SDM Primary Key in BCM.
              In the SDM Module setup menu, select Setup SDM.
              Cycle key off then on, check and clear code.

Comment

• Krm3051
                • Jan 2016

Originally posted by jm43130
                This a is the instructions for programming SRS Module.
                Ignition on, program SDM,
                In the BCM Module setup menu, select setup SDM Primary Key in BCM.
                In the SDM Module setup menu, select Setup SDM.
                Cycle key off then on, check and clear code.
                Don't know what is going on? Will not let me program SDM with the J2534 pass through.

Comment

• Witsend
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2012

Don't know what is going on? Will not let me program SDM with the J2534 pass through.
                  Maybe the key needs to be turned off for a good 10 seconds before cycling it back on All I know is before the shop takes it to the dealer, they have the lube tech take a crack at it with a Chinaman Pro Cyst and gets it to work, I bet you'ld be kinda pissed

Comment

• Krm3051
                    • Jan 2016

UPDATE

I called AC Delco this morning. After 20 minutes on the phone with them it looks as if there wasn't any information loaded to there site for this vehicle. They loaded the information to the web, then I rebooted my computer and started fresh. All worked out.

Comment

• Witsend
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2012

Wow, Glad you got it sorted out

Comment

• Witsend
                        Banned
                        • Nov 2012

I wonder if Mitchell, AllData, or ? could set something up that when you pay an OE subscription and download the programming files, you could save it for them in a database sharing for other people to have access to for a J box programming data base on a server and if they don't already have it you get $10 back for each Jbox file that you uploaded every time that someone pays $20 to download and use it to program something with it.
                        Some way or another one Chinese scanner company server has access to some BMW, Mercedes Benz ,and VW programming files for their Jbox that get download to a few models of their users scanner tablets with a current subscription.

Comment

• Glide
                          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Witsend
                          I wonder if Mitchell, AllData, or ? could set something up that when you pay an OE subscription and download the programming files, you could save it for them in a database sharing for other people to have access to for a J box programming data base on a server and if they don't already have it you get $10 back for each Jbox file that you uploaded every time that someone pays $20 to download and use it to program something with it.
                          Some way or another one Chinese scanner company server has access to some BMW, Mercedes Benz ,and VW programming files for their Jbox that get download to a few models of their users scanner tablets with a current subscription.
                          That would be highly illegal.When you log in to your subscription,you have to agree not to copy,distribute,etc.,etc.,etc.

Comment

• Witsend
                            Banned
                            • Nov 2012

That would be highly illegal.When you log in to your subscription,you have to agree not to copy,distribute,etc.,etc.,etc.
                            I don't think I would feel bad helping out others out with copied Jbox files . Used modules by law should become fully recycleable plug and play again and Vin changes should be basic scanner coding done for free.

Comment

• greasybob
                              • May 2008

selling someone else's software ? I think it's called piracy.

Comment

Working...