Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt
    • Dec 2008

2011 Ford Expedition

Customer brings this one to me with "crank-no-start-cold, extended-crank-cold" symptom. No DTCs current or history. Once this thing starts it runs/drives perfect. Great power no misfires. I've checked all the live data after cold soak and temps, MAF, MAP all the normal stuff is registering accurately. The only PID that seems off is the "Inferred Flex Fuel %" which is at 78. Now I pulled a fuel sample and found the actual ethanol content was somewhere around 7%. I also reset KAM without any change in symptoms. Is "Inferred Flex Fuel %" the same thing as GMs ethanol content PID?? I have reset GMs in the past and all was right with the world, but I find no such option in my scan tool to reset this inferred thingy. If anybody has any suggestions and/or opinions on this would be great. Thank you.
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

restricted filter and Weak fuel pump ? Cycle the ignition key on and off several times in morning before cranking to build up the fuel rail pressure and expel the compressed vapor in lines and fuel rail to get enough fuel delivery to start. Also check for large un metered air leaks or vacuum leak from a pcv tube, or air ducting off or broken.

Comment

• Matt
      • Dec 2008

Fuel pressure KOEO 53 PSI. Spec says 55-60.

Comment

• Matt
        • Dec 2008

Good call Wit. Swapped in new O.E. pump and back in business.

Comment

Working...