Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • protraxrptr17
    • Aug 2010

In what module are park assist DTCs?

Working on yet another 08 2500 HD and getting a service park assist message on the DIC. Cant find a park assist module menu. No codes in body or IPC.
  • Nickb
    DSD
    • Aug 2007

Depending on the vehicle and Manufacturer it will have its own system, named parking aid. The vehicle you are working on, just may not have coverage yet.
    DSD

Comment

• eddiesverus
      • Dec 2008

Now If Snap-On had a All Module DTC's scan capability these codes would show up even if there were no current module support. This capability has been requested on these forums, but so far Snap-On hasn't bothered to look at.
      Hard Work, commitment, Honesty and not giving up is what Makes us better Tech's

Comment

• Pabliniboy
        • Mar 2011

you may want to skip next update on yours verus and cover that hole with a
        maxidas ds708 it covers that module... i feel your pain

Comment

• oaeyeo121003
          • Oct 2010

My maxidas will communicate with 24 modules in my 09 suburban....

Comment

• protraxrptr17
            • Aug 2010

Had to take it to the dealer. Humilating. and ridiculous. Had a bad sensor. Made me look like a shadetree.

Comment

• greasybob
              • May 2008

It looks like you have a Pass thru Pro II. You could try the Tech2Win application and have the Tech2 on your lap top. I think this Vehicle still communicates thru the Tech2. It would cost $55 for a 3 day pass but what did the GM dealer charge you ? As far as the MaxiDas goes I don't understand how this thing can do so much for so little. Everytime SnapOn adds a module or function they make it seem like it takes such a herculean effort. The function or communiction is already there in the vehicle (module) all you have to do is access it.

Comment

• hawkhunter
                • Sep 2007

love my verus but skipped 12.2 and got a maxidas708, saves me everytime

Comment

• protraxrptr17
                  • Aug 2010

Originally posted by greasybob
                  It looks like you have a Pass thru Pro II. You could try the Tech2Win application and have the Tech2 on your lap top. I think this Vehicle still communicates thru the Tech2. It would cost $55 for a 3 day pass but what did the GM dealer charge you ? As far as the MaxiDas goes I don't understand how this thing can do so much for so little. Everytime SnapOn adds a module or function they make it seem like it takes such a herculean effort. The function or communiction is already there in the vehicle (module) all you have to do is access it.
                  I will try that next time. I didnt know that is what that was.

Comment

• sandt38
                    • May 2012

Originally posted by greasybob

The Maxidas relies on pirated software. I can't imagine that Autel and Launch will be able to continue to do this and sell equipment and updates in the US for much longer. But to be honest they have gotten away with it longer than I thought they would.

Comment

Working...