X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • snapemotorcompany
    • Apr 2008

Verus unable to Regenerate a DPF on a 307 HDI

Hello.

I have a Peugeot 307 1.6HDI in the workshop today and have so far been unable to do a DPF regeneration even tho the Versus has the option to.

It is very annoying as this is not the first Peugeot 307 that our scanner has been unable to cater for a simple regeneration.

Has anyone been able to regenerate a Peugeot 307 or am I doing something wrong?

The DTC which won't go away after clearing the code is P0422 " Regeneration Not completed, Regeneration Regeneration Request Too Frequent."

Any Ideas anyone please?

Thanks
  • snapemotorcompany
    • Apr 2008

Comment

• snapemotorcompany
      • Apr 2008

Comment

• GRUSS
        • Nov 2012

Can't really help with the software question but from my own experiences with dpf's

On vauxhalls there is a min distance limit between regens. It's over 35 miles before another static regen can be carried out.

Are the exhaust temp sensors working?
        What's the dpf pressure reading @ idle and @ 3000rpm?
        What's the dpf soot content?

If the above are reading ok, you could attempt to reset the dpf and pressure sensor and try and clear the dtc and attempt another static regen.

Comment

• snapemotorcompany
          • Apr 2008

Thanks for your reply, I will plug on again in a bit and have a look at the live data on them variables.

I had someone plug on to the car with a superscan 2 yesterday. They went through the change of DPF procedure and reset the fluid count and the p0422 code cleared.

After a road test another code came back which appeared earlier. P0299.
          Turbo Pressure Sensor.

The vehicle was took on a very long road test last night and I am going to see with there is any other codes present this morning before ordering a Turbo Pressure Sensor (part number 1618LP)

Any one know how to component test this part before I order it?

Thanks

Comment

• GRUSS
            • Nov 2012

Morning
            Is the turbo boosting? Is the turbo sensor classed as a boost sensor (3 wires) or it a separate sensor altogether.

Ps whats the dtc description for the turbo sensor?
            Last edited by GRUSS; 02-07-2013, 03:15 AM. Reason: More info

Comment

• snapemotorcompany
              • Apr 2008

Originally posted by GRUSS
              Morning
              Is the turbo boosting? Is the turbo sensor classed as a boost sensor (3 wires) or it a separate sensor altogether.

Ps whats the dtc description for the turbo sensor?
              Hi the DTC is P0299 Turbo Pressure Electrovalve control. Turbo too low compared with setting. P0299

The sensor is part number 1618 so I will reply once I've fitted to let you know how I get on.

Comment

• snapemotorcompany
                • Apr 2008

Further to my last post the part number has been changed by Peugeot to 1618 Z9 encase anyone has a similar issue.

Comment

• electric
                  • Oct 2012

There are several engines peugeot 9HY & 9HZ being classic examples, that will terminate a forced regeneration if any DTCs are set in the engine managment ECU

Comment

• Nicky
                    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by snapemotorcompany
                    The DPF Regeneration will not be allowed if there are specific codes stored in the ECU.
                    The P0422 code means that the vehicle cannot carry out the automatic regen while driving & has exceeded its limit of trying, Deal with all the other codes first & then retry

Comment

Working...