Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • transporter
    • Jun 2012

Verus scope not as ood as Vantage Pro?

I went to check the indicator switch from the Touareg and have noticed that my newly purchased Verus Pro is missing the OHM setting in the graphing mode. It's there if you want to see it in the digital mode but not as the graph. Did you guys noticed it?

If the feature was removed then I feel cheated a bit.

I'm glad I kept my Vantage Pro.
    Last edited by transporter; 10-02-2013, 06:27 PM.
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

The Verus has never had the ability to graph resistance in ohms.

Comment

• transporter
      • Jun 2012

I didn't expect it wouldn't be there when my old Vantage and the Vantage Pro have it.

Comment

• greasybob
        • May 2008

You can always turn the circuit live and put a load on it and graph voltage drop.

Comment

• transporter
          • Jun 2012

Truth, ...but the Touareg indicator switch is bolted to the ECM and has only 3pins to turn the indicators left and right, and high beam switching. So, I've used the Vantage Pro to test the contact's resistance, because it was quicker and also just in case that there would be some el. components in the switch itself.

Comment

• Wheel
            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by greasybob
            The Verus has never had the ability to graph resistance in ohms.
            And nobody from Snap On is willing to explain why not.

There's no excuse for ANY company's top of the line diagnostic tool not to do EVERYTHING its predecessors or the lesser diagnostic tools in their lineup can do and then some. The Verus SHOULD be for the mechanic who wants it ALL, wants it all in one tool, and is willing to pay for it. People want a Verus, even with its larger price tag for a reason.

Does anyone think these expectations unreasonable, and if so, why?
            You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• transporter
              • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Wheel

There's no excuse for ANY company's top of the line diagnostic tool not to do EVERYTHING its predecessors or the lesser diagnostic tools in their lineup can do and then some. The Verus SHOULD be for the mechanic who wants it ALL, wants it all in one tool, and is willing to pay for it. People want a Verus, even with its larger price tag for a reason.

I 100% agree mate, you speaking my language. I won't be as trusting when buying my next scan tool.

Comment

• komobu
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by transporter
                I went to check the indicator switch from the Touareg and have noticed that my newly purchased Verus Pro is missing the OHM setting in the graphing mode. It's there if you want to see it in the digital mode but not as the graph. Did you guys noticed it?

If the feature was removed then I feel cheated a bit.

I'm glad I kept my Vantage Pro.
                I remarked on this issue back in feb or march. I use a thermister for duct and coolant hose temps and liked the ability to graph ohms that the verus can not do. I was hoping they would add the feature to 13.2

Comment

• Wheel
                  • Jul 2007

Originally posted by komobu
                  I remarked on this issue back in feb or march. I use a thermister for duct and coolant hose temps and liked the ability to graph ohms that the verus can not do. I was hoping they would add the feature to 13.2
                  You are not the only one to beat this dead horse into the ground with Snap On over this issue to no avail. There is much the heritage vantage can do that none of Snap On's offerings since can. Progress? more advanced technology? I have no doubt the hardware and software developers can deliver these useful features - the existence of the heritage vantage proves it. What I can't figure out is the bean counters' unwillingness to let them do it.

I wish they would renew support for the old vantage at least at the repair level if they have no plans to include the features it has that newer tools do not.

A poll of those interested in these features might be interesting
                  You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• transporter
                    • Jun 2012

Yes, the old is gold.
                    I will never sell my old Vantage. But, for sure when I next time buy a scanner with the scope/meter function I will definitely make sure that the features I want are there. It even didn't come to my mind that I couldn't graph the resistance. Do they know at Snap-on that there are lot of sensors that are based on the resistance, and what about the wiring?

Comment

• phill57
                      • Oct 2007

Graphing Ohms again

You are not the only one to beat this dead horse into the ground with Snap On over this issue to no avail. There is much the heritage vantage can do that none of Snap On's offerings since can. Progress? more advanced technology? I have no doubt the hardware and software developers can deliver these useful features - the existence of the heritage vantage proves it. What I can't figure out is the bean counters' unwillingness to let them do it.

I wish they would renew support for the old vantage at least at the repair level if they have no plans to include the features it has that newer tools do not.

A poll of those interested in these features might be interesting
                      I agree again but am getting tired of asking. This has been an on-going request since the Verus was introduced. They did the same with the Vantage-Pro when it was introduced. It couldn't graph resistance originally. They fixed that, why not the Verus. While we are at it, where are the features we lost in 10.2? I still miss the split screen, data graph capabilities and the ability to manipulate the pids in your custom order. I'm afraid this is falling on deaf ears.

Comment

• Wheel
                        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by phill57
                        I agree again but am getting tired of asking.

Many are.

This has been an on-going request since the Verus was introduced.

Actually, it's more like since the first Modis was introduced.

They did the same with the Vantage-Pro when it was introduced. It couldn't graph resistance originally. They fixed that, why not the Verus.

That's what I can't figure out, and like I said, no one from Snap On seems willing to explain. Looks like it would be easier to write the software to do it than to explain it to us, but we get neither.

While we are at it, where are the features we lost in 10.2? I still miss the split screen, data graph capabilities and the ability to manipulate the pids in your custom order.

This is true for you, me, and a lot of people. How hard can it be to not add these features back in addition to the existing software?

I'm afraid this is falling on deaf ears.
                        That is what it is looking like.
                        Snap On has had plenty of time to correct ALL of these situations. I feel it is not from lack of ability, but from lack of willingness to try and accommodate their customers' wants and needs. They used to not be that way, but those who took care of us must either no longer work for Snap on, or have been relegated to silence, and their input - or ours - no longer matters to those running things or making the decisions.

Comment

• prmayner
                          • Jun 2013

Amen brother!!! I'm sure glad i don't depend on my Verus to make me any money. I just got it back from San Jose less than 2 weeks ago and the scope has already stopped working. So far my experience in the world of the Verus has been total disappointment. I hate to say it cause i really want to like this thing especially at that price.

Comment

• Wheel
                            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by prmayner
                            Amen brother!!! I'm sure glad i don't depend on my Verus to make me any money. I just got it back from San Jose less than 2 weeks ago and the scope has already stopped working. So far my experience in the world of the Verus has been total disappointment. I hate to say it cause i really want to like this thing especially at that price.
                            I've really had very excellent service out of mine in every way - but then I have stayed with 10.2. The scope is the best in a handheld for the auto mechanic. I'd like to see them add a few features to the scope, but even without these it is still good. They have added several conveniences to the scope since 10.2 I'd like to have, but not at the price of giving up the scan features I would be losing.

Comment

• prmayner
                              • Jun 2013

I've really had very excellent service out of mine in every way - but then I have stayed with 10.2. The scope is the best in a handheld for the auto mechanic. I'd like to see them add a few features to the scope, but even without these it is still good. They have added several conveniences to the scope since 10.2 I'd like to have, but not at the price of giving up the scan features I would be losing.
                              Ok Who's messin with me. I got tired of fooling with this thing late last night so went to bed, got up this morning and some of the features in the scope were working like the multimeter and all it's functions and i noticed the meter symbol in the lower right corner was lit up green just like the scanner had always been, everything but the lab scope would work, it would go to the scope and do it's thing and everything looked good then about 5 seconds later the meter symbol would go out and nothing would work, would have to exit out completely and then open Atlas again and same thing, meter would work as long as i didn't try and use the scope. So i bit my tongue and did a re image and presto chango FIXED. I don't know what happened, i'm just glad it's working and didn't have to send it in. Man i hate these love hate relationships. I'm gettin to old for this.

Comment

Working...