Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnrmcnary
    • Mar 2014

toyota communication

I am working on a no-start situation for a 1994 Toyota Pickup 2wd, man trans.
    I jump battery voltage to the cold start injector and the truck will run as long as I keep powering that injector on and off, it will rev up (fairly smoothly) to 3000-4000 rpm. I can manually jump pins and pull flash code 12.
    When I plug my solus up and try to get data, it says no communication and keeps flashing between two screens, no comm and no power communication port. I have to hit the N button about a dozen times for my scanner to stop trying and back out. When I tell it to gather codes, it sits there waiting for codes until I give up waiting.
  • Crusty
    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by johnrmcnary
    I am working on a no-start situation for a 1994 Toyota Pickup 2wd, man trans.
    I jump battery voltage to the cold start injector and the truck will run as long as I keep powering that injector on and off, it will rev up (fairly smoothly) to 3000-4000 rpm. I can manually jump pins and pull flash code 12.
    When I plug my solus up and try to get data, it says no communication and keeps flashing between two screens, no comm and no power communication port. I have to hit the N button about a dozen times for my scanner to stop trying and back out. When I tell it to gather codes, it sits there waiting for codes until I give up waiting.
    I would be looking at a schematic and checking fusible links & fuses & ignition switch signals. A visual inspection looking for potential harness chafing points would also be in order AFAIC.
    Adding B+ to the cold start injector would normally be an ignition key fused function IMO. If other circuits aren't getting proper B+ inputs, lots of things can mess up.
    The vehicle is PRE-OBDII so don't look for too much from the ECM until it is fully operational. Just establish communication which should happen with key-on-engine-off.
    HTH

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

need more informatiion

I don't know what engine or pickup model you have , but I didn't see a 1994 engine control schematic of 4 or 6 with a manual trans showing a component in schematic with anything called Cold Start injector in the circuit , Check the PCM grounds , Some show at back of right side of engine or a cam bearing cap . PCM should be behind right kick panel, look at connectors of it and check power supplies and grounds to it, If your fuses all check good.
      Last edited by Witsend; 08-24-2014, 07:28 PM.

Comment

• johnrmcnary
        • Mar 2014

ProDemand has the cold start injector under the starting circuit M/T because the cold start injector timer is energized by the starter relay. Just wonmdering if the no start could be related to the lack of communication. I'm about to get teh scope and noid lights and check some stuff

Comment

Working...