Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Neproshennie
    • Mar 2015

ETHOS movie length

I have an ETHOS EESC312 and while I do love it, the recorded "movies" are only 227 frames. What gives? I'm looking for a way to extend the duration of a movie from 227 frames to something significantly larger. If I could have a continuous capture then that would be ideal.

I've already reverse engineered the SPM file format to load the data in a SQL database but the fact the clips are so short makes the recorded data next to useless to determine subtle problems. If you hear something explode, sure, hit the save movie button but if I'm taking it on a 30 minute drive, I need more than 227 frames of data.

I hope there is an answer before I spend the time reversing the SMX RTOS implementation on this beast to find the answer. Address 0006e000 of mapfile.bin seems to indicate the potential of a USB mass storage functionality, which makes sense given SMX RTOS's features. I wonder what kind of fun I can have with smxAware.

If I have to find this information myself then I will have no problem publishing my code and tactics used to enhance the functionality of the ETHOS product. I will find a way, it's not a matter of "if" but a matter of "when".

Bundle: 11.2
    Version: 2.0.1.7731

PS,
    If you have the design docs for the SPM file format, I would love to see those so I can fully parse the file header properly and maybe add write functionality. I would then take the crippling limitations of Shop Connect and turn it into a cross-platform tool of complete awesomeness.
  • Dashinoku
    • Aug 2016

Originally posted by Neproshennie
    I have an ETHOS EESC312 and while I do love it, the recorded "movies" are only 227 frames. What gives? I'm looking for a way to extend the duration of a movie from 227 frames to something significantly larger. If I could have a continuous capture then that would be ideal.
    I think it might be due to the available storage at the time of the save, I have the ETHOS PRO EESC331 with the factory 4GB card and it saves 2k frames

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

Neproshennie ? Sounds like a Clinical name for someone that steals Landau Bars off Hearses.

Comment

• kirkbarrow.garage
        • Jan 2015

Reverse Engineer 😇

Hi Neproshennie, this might be outside your ( or any others capability ) but, I have and I know of at least one other person ( hi dishonesto ) who have got an Ethos which for one reason or another have ' lost the software '.
        I know disonesto lost his because he ( guessing he ) was trying to clear unused files and purged everything.
        Now I know the file format used in the Ethos is a BAK file and I also have the serial # of said unit, ' all ' I need to figure is where/how in the 70,000 lines of code is the serial number on my working units so I can insert the serial # of the blanked unit and get it working again.
        Failing this, find a CF card with 8.4 software for it, anyone help here ?

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

Ethos "The Greeks also used this word to refer to the power of music to influence emotions, behaviours, and even morals.[1]"
          Hmmm , wonder if those ancient Corn Holelin Greeks used to post links of random youtube music videos on forums to push folks buttons?

Comment

Working...