MT2500 What do i need to make work on Ford Diesel.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 95F350PowerstrokeMT2500
    • Sep 2011

MT2500 What do i need to make work on Ford Diesel.

I just bought a MT2500 Snap on scanner, with many attachments and A few cartridges.

What do i need to make it scan my 95 Ford f350 Powerstroke diesel.
    Its Has a OBD2 port. but will not communicate with the vehicle
    *Gabe*
  • diesel71
    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by 95F350PowerstrokeMT2500
    I just bought a MT2500 Snap on scanner, with many attachments and A few cartridges.

the 94 and some 95 model powerstroke"s were not obdII compliant yet. ford started putting the obdII ports in and even ran power and grounds but there is no bus line to the pcm. check the back of your obdII plug and see if you have the bus lines. If you do have the wires and still cant communicate make sure you have the latest calibration in the pcm. If i remember right some of the 95"s that have the obdII connector that is wired needed a pcm flash in order to get communication.

Comment

• Crusty
      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by 95F350PowerstrokeMT2500

Check under the hood. See if there is an EEC connector near an underhood fuse /relay box.

Some of the 95 had the OBD port wired to the GEM and the ABS but not yet configured for the OBDII underdash connector.

""LOL"" ask me how I know.......there is a 1995 in the middle bay right now. It's not a pickup but it is a Ford and a 1995......

If there is an old style EECV connector, plug in with the older style connector to the scanner the same way you would for a 94 or a 93......

Comment

• Therigwelder
        • Aug 2015

so if it isn't obd 2 compatible then how do you test it then with a mt 2500. I have an early 95 I need to get codes out of.

Comment

• badcoupe
          • Jan 2011

with the ford connector and I believe an older ford cartridge. Never had a brick but have used one occasionally back then. I think you need a ford-1 or 2 connector

Comment

• Crusty
            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Therigwelder
            so if it isn't obd 2 compatible then how do you test it then with a mt 2500. I have an early 95 I need to get codes out of.
            The connector should be under the hood and use the Ford scanner cable end.

Comment

• Joe Rappa
              Snap-on DSD
              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Crusty
              The connector should be under the hood and use the Ford scanner cable end.
              That would be the Ford 1A or Ford 1B adapter. Don't forget to use the power cord with it too. You'll need that to provide power to the scanner.

Joe
              "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
              Henry Ford

Comment

Working...