Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juggaleo
    • Feb 2015

dodge avenger pcm flashing problem

Had an 08 avenger, and a brand new pcm. With the J2534 and tech authority I tried to program it using a windows xp computer with java 7 update 71 and the newest version of java. I tried on windows 7 with both of the java's, I have updated every adobe program I have on both computers and unplugged abs module. No aftermarket equipment on vehicle. No communication codes in any module with the old pcm plugged in. Continuously failing with error message no response received from transfer data request. I have since sent it to a dealer where a friend of mine works and he said it went through fine and he has no idea what was going wrong. I used my j2534 to program a GM vehicle last night between dealing with this issue-so even though I tried a different usb cable I can't think it has to do with the cables or the tool. It seems like a stretch but, does anyone happen to have any other ideas?
  • badcoupe
    • Jan 2011

I often have to uninstall other manufacturers software to get another to work. I now partition my hardrive for each of the manufacturers seems honda and gm don't play together well for me sometimes.

Comment

• K2356
      • Aug 2007

Hardware update for your PTP2

You need to contact Drewtechnologies for the upgrade thats required for your PTP2. I think they only charge $150 for it. IIRC its has something to do with the SCI transmit timing.
      Kevin Suttorp[/SIZE]

Comment

Working...