Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chaskuss
    • Dec 2009

Secondary cable & Kv Clip On Probe questions

I just purchased a "pre owned" SIA 2000 & other optional cables for my Modis. Included is a 6-03422A Rev. E secondary cable & an EETM306A02 Kv clip on probe. I suspect that the connection between these two items is damaged, but have no frame of reference as to what this area should look like. Using Google has failed to turn up any photos or info to aid me. Could someone provide photos of what the connection areas of these two items should look like?
    As a second question, has anyone ever repaired damaged connectors to these two items? I think that simply obtaining a repair connector for the cable should work, if I knew what it's "supposed" to look like.
    TIA
    Charlie
  • BMW JEDI
    • Feb 2012

Send photos of what you have to BMW.JEDI at gee mail dot com and I will try to help you.

Comment

• SPS10.4
      • Aug 2012

Search EETA309A05A on this site or Snap On online catalog for the adaptor lead pictures.

Comment

• chaskuss
        • Dec 2009

Originally posted by SPS10.4
        Search EETA309A05A on this site or Snap On online catalog for the adaptor lead pictures.
        I spent hours looking for useful photos, but none found that show the end on view where the connection is made.

BMW Jedi,
        I will take photos tomorrow and contact you privately. Thank you for your offer.
        Charlie

Comment

• SPS10.4
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by chaskuss
          I spent hours looking for useful photos, but none found that show the end on view where the connection is made.
          The picture I'm using is on the Snap-On catalog under the part number I provided. They even allow you to zoom on the picture.

I'll assume you are referring to the connection between the pickup and the secondary lead adaptor cable. The end on the cable is a RCA male with a short ground pigtail with alligator clip.

Comment

• chaskuss
            • Dec 2009

SPS10.4
            Thanks for that info. I have several different accessory catalogs in PDF form from Snap On. I guess I just don't have the same one you have. BMW Jedi was kind enough to review the photos I sent him earlier. I managed to pry the broken RCA male pin from the cable end, out of the Kv probe. Later today, I will order a new Amphenol brand [no Radio Shack or other Chinese cr@p] RCA plug to repair my cable. Once I've repaired the cable, I'll post a photo here with the results.

Comment

• SPS10.4
              • Aug 2012

SPS10.4
              I have several different accessory catalogs in PDF form from Snap On. I guess I just don't have the same one you have.
              I'm referring to the Snap-On website, store.snapon.com

Later today, I will order a new Amphenol brand [no Radio Shack or other Chinese cr@p] RCA plug to repair my cable. Once I've repaired the cable, I'll post a photo here with the results.
              I'll start by admitting I have zero experience with RCA plugs, other than plugging them in and out. I dissected a broken end today on the exact cable we're speaking about and found some sort of electronic part (blue with maroon and black bands, resistor?) on the center pin as well as 3 separate ground solder locations on the outer shell. One ground goes to the alligator clip, one goes to the shielding on the main cable, and one joins the center wire of the main cable with a solder glob. I'm guessing this cable is well worth the $33 from Snap-On.

Let us know how you fare.

Comment

Working...