Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • elitedja
    • Aug 2008

Mode 6 on fords

Was just wondering if anyone besides me is having a problem with mode 6 data for Ford. When I go into it it only shows me 7 cylinders. I went into 2 different 8 cylinder Fords and one V10 and it only showed 7 cylinders. I called tech support and they said that they had a few complaints about this but could not give me any information as to when it would be addressed. Also since I updated to 9.2 after pulling codes from ANY vehicle I used to be able to go to the worksheet and the codes were there with the descriptions in full text (like what you are reading now) and now only 1/2 the letters and numbers (usually the upper half) are shown. If I print it prints normal and also if I save it shows the whole word or number... but the next time that I access the work sheet it goes back to only showing 1/2. Just a few questions that have been bugging me. Any input would be appreciated

Dan Antoine
  • happynewbob
    • Jan 2009

My Verus did the same thing when you viewed the work sheet but I thought it was fine after I saved it. Will need to check. Sorry no Fords to check on though.
    Happy

Comment

• joenash
      • Jan 2009

yes

Yes I am having the same issue with the worksheet since I updated to 9.2 , had 8.4 , on before had minor issues, then upgraded to SR2 and seemed some issues were fixed, i-cons that were dissapearing were okay then, but would not connect to wifi network, then unpinned from start menu and it started okay, now with 9.2 tried to scann for codes and could not, worksheet is all messed up, prints okay but you can not view on screen. tried to do a windows restore, lost 9.2 and it went back to 8.4 and lost all worksheet info, I am calling tech support tommorow to see whats up, I called my snapon dealer and he said he cannot re-do the update cause then they will charge him, so he said to call support so I will tommorow!!!!
      JOENASH

Comment

• happynewbob
        • Jan 2009

Had a ford truck yesterday. Mode 6 seamed to read correct when scanning vehical direct then into ODB. Did not think to try just OBD until now. Will try that tommorow. Got a van coming in. Work sheet is messed up ever since upgrade to 9.2
        Happy

Comment

• sbreland73
          • Jan 2009

Try changing font size. I too saw this, 8 cyl vehicles only display 7. smaller font size = all data visible. Hope this helps.
          S. Breland

Comment

• eddiesverus
            • Dec 2008

Yes changing the font size to smallest will show the full work sheet and all data on the screen in mode6, but make sure you ware your glasses because it gets harder to see. hopefully SO fixes this issue soon and not charge us for another update.
            Hard Work, commitment, Honesty and not giving up is what Makes us better Tech's

Comment

• scottw
              • Nov 2008

If you use the mouse to highlight the text on the screen and then drag it up, you can reveal the rest of the data that is hidden below.

I know its a pain and it DOES need to be fixed, but it is all there and the above works.
              Scott

Comment

• kenney969
                • Jan 2010

missing half the letters

there is an update patch for that my verus was doing the same thing i got from http://diagnostics.snapon.com/software down load the software release that will take care of it.

Comment

Working...