Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • camaroz2866
    • Aug 2011

my new verdict

i love it so far! just felt like sharing. also I've been reading posts and my windows is sp3. and runs very smooth. i can't seem to download any antivirus or anything. it shows page cannot be found check connection when i try to go to those sights... idk y.
  • SnapOnKid
    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by camaroz2866
    i love it so far! just felt like sharing. also I've been reading posts and my windows is sp3. and runs very smooth. i can't seem to download any antivirus or anything. it shows page cannot be found check connection when i try to go to those sights... idk y.
    Is your internet connection established properly???

Comment

• jrorl63
      Snap-on DSD
      • Aug 2007

Based on the symptom you described it sounds if your VERDICT has the Conficker Worm. I would suggest going to http://www1.snapon.com/diagnostics/us/cc and downloading and running #25 (Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool).

Comment

• eddiesverus
        • Dec 2008

Glad you love your Verdict, I Love and hate mine as well? but overall its ok. as for Antivirus I Don't recommend any, just be smart about browsing and you'll never needed Antivirus. Try (Search and Destroy sbybot) its a free at http://www.safer-networking.org/en/spybotsd/index.html I recommend it to everyone, It don't slow down the already slow Verdict or Verus. and it uses a small program called Teatimer that runs in the background to help protect you PC from malware using the Web browsers built in features. I have used it on all My PC's and I've never had a problem. Just Scan you PC once a week when using the internet and you'll be surprised all those nasty bugs that get tagged along when browsing, Spybot will detect and remove them. It does take a long time while scanning and it loads up the CPU to 100% so don't do anything else when scanning let it finish, set and forget it till its done.. good luck...
        Hard Work, commitment, Honesty and not giving up is what Makes us better Tech's

Comment

• camaroz2866
          • Aug 2011

I'm about to try as stated above. i just ordered the 6 cell battery for it as battery life sucks on the stock 3 cell. i will sell the new 3 cell if anyone is interested.

Comment

• camaroz2866
            • Aug 2011

#25 (Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool).

that worked so far! thanks

and I'm downloading spybot now.. the #25 only could remove part of the 1 infected file so hopefully spybot takes care of the rest.

now my last issue is when i open internet explorer parts are blacked out like i see the star by favorite but don't see the work favorites. and all across that row is all black but i see suggested sites and web slice gallery. anyone know a fix? i could upload a screen shot if necessary . thanks guys

Comment

• sbreland73
              • Jan 2009

That black bar in Internet explorer. Are you using the old Windows 98 theme? If so I have that issue also, but it is random.

Yes, a screenshot would be helpful.
              S. Breland

Comment

• camaroz2866
                • Aug 2011

yes I'm using old 98 theme to help it run faster. i chose the option for best performance. i guess i could switch it to new theme and keep best performance options. idk how much speed it looses running the newer theme....

Comment

• sbreland73
                  • Jan 2009

Ahh, so it is a Windows thing, not a Snapon thing. My Verus does run a bit more peppy with the Win98 look. I actually have "Themes" disabled in the services group. That black bar is very random, and kinda rare. I have learned to ignore it, or do a re-start.
                  S. Breland

Comment

• USpMD
                    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by sbreland73
                    Ahh, so it is a Windows thing, not a Snapon thing. My Verus does run a bit more peppy with the Win98 look. I actually have "Themes" disabled in the services group. That black bar is very random, and kinda rare. I have learned to ignore it, or do a re-start.
                    A windows thing? not a snap-on thing? What did you pay for this thing?(Verdict) 8K. sound about right, need to down grade to Win98 so it runs faster, Wow. Try looking on the internet, laptops costing less than 500 dollars have min processors runing 2.1GHZ, this brand new state of the art diagnostic tool has the top of the line processor of 1.6GHZ thats 5 years old already before they bought it.... Come on snap on, stop selling out dated equipment to boost your profit margins... We pay top dollar for this stuff... Why would you sell us a tool thats allready out dated before we buy it?????? Oh I stand corrected, you (sbreland73) like I have the top of the line Verus, there many faster processors out there than ours(599Mtz and 504 Mg ram if I'm correct), My grandsons speek and spell now multi-tasks faster than the already outdated Verus Gen 1
                    Last edited by USpMD; 08-28-2011, 05:28 PM.
                    "I wanna help the helpless, but I could careless about the clueless". Dennis Miller

Comment

Working...