• Show
Clear All
  • chaskuss
    • Dec 2009

Memory replacement

Originally posted by rjbradlow
    ummm... Just Google: 2GB DDR2 200 pin
    and click the "Shopping" link.
    Actually, you need more info than that, unless you LIKE getting 3,000 search results to wade through. You will need to know the speed of the memory [ie 400, 533, 667, 800, or 1066] I buy lots of stuff on EBay, you should be able to find used memory for a rather good price [$15 - $30 for a 2GB stick]. To check that memory to make sure it's good, first install it on a laptop that can use the needed memory. Next, download off the Internet a freeware program called Memtest 86. Burn the program to a CD. Install the CD into the laptop. Start the laptop and let it boot from the CD [rather than Windows/Mac/Linux] Let the Memtest program run for 3 or 4 hours. If after that time it comes up with no errors, the memory is good. I do this all the time. Only had to request a replacement, due to defective memory, one time. Most sellers won't bother to ask for the memory back, so long as you provide the results of the Memtest 86 failure.
    FYI, only buy memory that the seller warrants is good. Most ligit sellers actually test the memory before they send it.

Memtest 86 can be downloaded below. They have two versions now. One is an ISO image file to burn to a CD. The second is for making a bootable flash drive. See

Download your free copy of MemTest86 here for USB.

You might want to just "borrow" some memory from a laptop computer to try in your Verus first. It could save you wasting money on EBay. I can help you with what memory you need, if you can reply with a photo attached, showing the label of the old memory.

Charlie
    Last edited by chaskuss; 07-27-2016, 08:09 AM. Reason: fixed spelling error

Comment

• garnerbt
      • Mar 2016

VERUS EEMS323 memory

does the VERUS EEMS323 use 184 or 200 pin DDR or DDR2 memory. Trying to find a 2 GB stick I can put in mine.

Comment

• PaulMarchant
        • Jun 2016

Thanks for the disassembly instructions.

Bought a Verus off Ebay yesterday, and with your instructions I've fitted an SSD today - worked first time.

If it benefits anyone else, the drive I fitted was a Sandisk 120GB SSD Plus, model no.SDSSDA-120G-G25 - £35 at my local branch of Maplin. Many thanks!

Comment

• 737mechanic
          • Sep 2016

PaulMarchant: What cloning software did you use?

Comment

• Witsend
            Banned
            • Nov 2012

If you found the missing capacitor and it has a code or manufacturer on it , you might be able to source one from Digikey.

Comment

Working...