Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toolman10000
    • Oct 2010

Changing governer - speed limiter

Can the governer or speed limiter be adjusted with this new scanner ? Or will it be able to in the future ?
  • Nickb
    DSD
    • Aug 2007

I highly doubt it, that is something for performance. You need to a progammer
    DSD

Comment

• toolman10000
      • Oct 2010

What about a programmer ? Would the pass thru pro II take care of this or is it for updating firmware only ?

Comment

• Nickb
        DSD
        • Aug 2007

Updating firmware only. There is other company's out there that are specialized in doing what you want. They are usually dedicated programs to a certain vehicle though. Maybe changed now though
        DSD

Comment

• phill57
          • Oct 2007

speed limiter

Originally posted by toolman10000
          Can the governer or speed limiter be adjusted with this new scanner ? Or will it be able to in the future ?
          Depending on the vehicle make there are scan/tune programs that can do this and much more. One that comes to mind is EFI Live Scan/Tune but at this time it only works on OBD 2 GM products and some Cummins diesel CAN 2 systems.

HTH

Comment

• toolman10000
            • Oct 2010

Update

I talked to technical support. They said there is a fairly good demand for this and the engineers are working on it. Their may be an update in the future. I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

• USpMD
              • Oct 2010

The engineers may be working on it but it will never get buy the Lawyers, these rev limiters, speed limiters or goveners are put there by the manufactures to prevent overspeed of say tires that are not speed rated, or chassis and drivetrain related concerns, however if you are a SCT programmer or other related aftermarket programmer, (there are many) you can reset this speed limiter for off road use only! it however is not recommended, and I would hope if you plan on doing it you make sure your shopkeepers insurance has the required protection in the unlikely event your client has a related accident
              "I wanna help the helpless, but I could careless about the clueless". Dennis Miller

Comment

• toolman10000
                • Oct 2010

I agree 100%. If anyone asked me to increase the limiters I tell them them I can't do it and forward them to superchips or others. I have companys coming to me with concerns of speed and want there vehicles governed to 110 km. I would love the revenue for this. I think snapon should make it adjustable while not exceeding manufactures specs.

Comment

Working...