Clear All
  • elgabi70
    • Dec 2008

idle relearn 2002-2005 nissan altima

I try step by step from verus and nothing seems to work
    any ideas???
  • AutoTech
    • Apr 2007

I've never been able to get it to work either, thought maybe it was just me.

Comment

• Steve6911
      • Feb 2007

Read this post
      Tips, tricks, questions and suggestions... If you want to talk codes, data, functional tests and troubleshooter, this is the place!

What I have found is to use Doug's wallet trick. You need to get the idle speed down by block the air intake. once you get the test to run and set redo it without the wallet trick. They don't seem to like the mis-fires if you pull plug wires. Worked every time for me.

Steve

Comment

• normanatlm
        • Apr 2009

you can not relearn the 5 speed automatic aw55-50 trans in the 03-05 nissan maxima neither, snap on needs to help out the tranny techs also, I have 10.2, 10.4 won't do it either.

Comment

• DrTranny
          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by normanatlm
          you can not relearn the 5 speed automatic aw55-50 trans in the 03-05 nissan maxima neither, snap on needs to help out the tranny techs also, I have 10.2, 10.4 won't do it either.
          What Problems Are You Having With Your AW55-51SN?

Comment

• DrTranny
            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by elgabi70
            I try step by step from verus and nothing seems to work
            any ideas???
            I've used both my Modis and Solus an it works well.The only thing I've noticed is you can't have any codes and you need to be at operating temperature.Clear all codes...engine & transmission...but I's faster if you go through your troubleshooter with the code.It wont ask you for all the key cycling Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...