Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • badcoupe
    • Jan 2011

Dang Mazda!

pay for the subscription and get pcm flashed but now have to purchase a PATS subscription to to get the code to program keys? This is a stringing along deal in my book. At least ford didn't do it like that.
  • badcoupe
    • Jan 2011

Ok I get the pats subscription, go to the shop that I was doing the job for I toild them thursday when I came to flash it that I needed a second key. Go back friday to do the pats, get the code it doesn't take tried this 3 times then he informs me that they had the second made at hardware store and it's a clone of the first key. Apparently this is like trying to program the same key twice I assume? This one is ticking me off! apparently you also shouldn't buy your pats sub on friday because if you run into trouble like I did, you can't anymore codes from them until monday when sub is expired.

Comment

• longhungsilver
      • Oct 2013

you were replacing the pcm? I coulda sworn i read you get pats programming with mazda when you do purchase a subscription. If not thats not very good at all.

Comment

• badcoupe
        • Jan 2011

Nope Pats codes are 19.95 for 24 hrs. You get an outcode from the pcm submit it in an email they then email you a incode to punch and it gives you access to pats functions. Once you use a function it goes back to the beginning and you have to start the process over.

Comment

• longhungsilver
          • Oct 2013

Do you need to be a registered locksmith for them to Deal with you?
          Last edited by longhungsilver; 01-27-2014, 07:54 AM.

Comment

• badcoupe
            • Jan 2011

No they just ask for shop name state or fed business lic number or tax id number. I advised the cust to get a dealer key and we'll try again. As I'm sure the system was only seeing 1 key being that they had the original cloned at the hardware store. Hopefully this fixes the issue although I'm gonna have to renew both subscriptions

Comment

• badcoupe
              • Jan 2011

The other shop finally got a extra key from dealer, had to renew both subscriptions, but it went off without a hitch having two "different" keys. I wouldn't recommend doing one on a friday afternoon, it seems to take 25 minutes to get a incode and if it's close to 5 you'll have to wait till monday and if it doesn't take then you're out another subscription, keep this in mind guys!

Comment

Working...