Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

15 Escape RCM and BCM

So here's the deal, in the past months I've had 2 2015 Ford Escapes with airbag deployment. No problem, replace and program a new Restraints Control Module after all the other repairs were made. The problem I ran into was getting the factory remote start to work again. With both vehicles, check the all the door and hood latch functions, check all scanner data in the BCM and PCM, all good, no codes anywhere. Made sure that the function was turned on in the information display and with FMP . Lock the doors with the remote and press the remote start button twice and just the lights flash and nothing. I sent the first one to the Ford dealer to get their take on it. They recommended replacing the BCM just because of a malfunction, they didn't think that it was recognizing the remote start signal from the key FOB. So I replaced the BCM and Viola the remote start works again.
    When the second Escape came in with the same problem, I started to look a little deeper and try a few other things before resorting to a new BCM. So I reflashed the BCM. The remote start is still not working but now I have a code, B1492. This code identifies as the RCM having sent a signal to the BCM to shut down the fuel pump. The vehicle starts and run ok and the scanner data shows the fuel pump activation to be normal but it' my theory that this code still exists in the BCM after the crash and it's preventing the remote start from functioning. So I did the same, replace and flash a new BCM and the remote start works again. I don't think that this happening twice is a coincidence. If you have a newer Escape with remote start you might have to figure on a new BCM with a new RCM after a crash to get it functioning again.
Working...