How do J-boxes actually get Validation from OE? ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

How do J-boxes actually get Validation from OE? ?

I'm not all in with this J-box re-flashing thing yet, First of all I got a new Windows 10 pro laptop and most manufactures still requiring Windows 7 pro and you need to run old versions of internet Explorer with your anti Virus and firewall disabled Maybe backward Acrobat another hoop or two I was thinking to buy a battery maintainer, but a decent used one is still big $. I really don't want to drop more than $300 for a maintainer that can put out 90A for some Farfignueggen Turds. I believe I could program and code some BMW, Mercedes , VW and Audi models right off the Chinaman Tablet for another 6 months before updates expire but BMW cars can exceed the output of 60 amp maintainer , so I don't want to brick a Beemer.
    Then the J-box question . Not one manufacturer has validated the Chinaman J-tool Maxi Flash Pro or Elite that I am aware of. The hardware components within all the other Validated J-boxes come out of the same God Forsaken Sh@t holes the Chinaman tools are made (however company might still be based in Detroit which is probably worse, lol) and there are a lot of folk that don't have problems doing successful programming using Chinaman J-box as a Generic Device ( and that's if the OE manufacturer even allows you to proceed with programming if a J-box used is not specifically on their list of supported J-boxes) What's with that BS ? Are the China Man devices internally substandard or just some kind of BS hoops, politics, and big $ paid to get a J box validated with a manufacturer? Are the OE manufacturers afraid the Chinaman J boxes will funnel all the programming files to a Chinese Server somewhere before they ever go through the vehicle DLC, or Is Chinaman just uncooperative and say, "Homey don't play dat game."? My foil hat is tingling with anticipation of more than just a theory or two. Lol Chrysler might have a new type of CAN out, so just when you think you can start flashing Chrysler with the Drew tech M imi you'll probably need to upgrade to another $3000 Funkz Box. Yeah, I'm buying it. LMFAO
    Last edited by Witsend; 01-09-2018, 12:44 PM.
  • sbreland73
    • Jan 2009

The only two words to explain away your question: PATENTS &
    LICENSING.
    S. Breland

Comment

• Steve6911
      • Feb 2007

For the tool to be validated the tool manufacturer gives the tool to the vehicle manufacturer, the vehicle manufacturer is then supposed to test the tool against their software and vehicles to make sure that it will work correctly. Of course this is not free and the tool manufacturer pays to have this done. Keep in mind that the vehicle manufacturer really does not want J2534 reprogramming. Is all the testing 100%, NO! BMW and Chrysler products are just two examples of that. I have a S.O. PTPII, I did several BMW's without issue, then on an older 3 series half way through programming a pop up screen came up saying terminal 15 was shut off and the program ended. this left me with a dead DME. I was able to recover it, but I would NEVER do another BMW without an ICOM. But to answer your question on why your Chinaman Jbox is not validated, by now we all know how that company get it info and software, do you really think they are going to spend money to have the tool validated??? And as far as the software allowing you to use non validated tools, the vehicle manufacturers don't care. Brick a module using one of those tools and you will have to buy a new module from them.

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

Jeez, You would think that with all the cutting Edge technology on these new cars , and all the security measures built in to immobilizer chips , using non plug and play modules etc (just to make insurance companies happy), that the equipment used to do the programming could be a modern 64 bit Windows 10 PC, running a more secure Browser than Internet Explorer , like Chrome, or Firefox ,and function fine with the latest antivirus and firewall protection left turned on, and yet be backwards compatible with old garbage PCs.running old versions of internet explorer, adobe and disabling firewall and things posing security risk for contracting malware on a PC
        Last edited by Witsend; 01-09-2018, 02:56 PM.

Comment

• kirkbarrow.garage
          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Witsend
          Jeez, You would think that with all the cutting Edge technology on these new cars , and all the security measures built in to immobilizer chips , using non plug and play modules etc (just to make insurance companies happy), that the equipment used to do the programming could be a modern 64 bit Windows 10 PC, running a more secure Browser than Internet Explorer , like Chrome, or Firefox ,and function fine with the latest antivirus and firewall protection left turned on, and yet be backwards compatible for old garbage PCs.

Yes, you would think this " should " be true, but it is not and possibly ( due to mr manufacturer wanting ' privacy controls implanted ' in their ' property ' ie, YOUR new vehicle you paid $$$$$$ for ) never will be.

Which is why I am so exceedingly pleased to run a 1996 vintage Ford with EECV brains which does not even have a MIL light attached to it 😇😇😇

For the curious, it is a Contour/Mystique 😱😱😱😱 and at an average 70 mph on the interstate, I get 35.29 mpg ( just checked last weeks mileage and fuel consumption over the 4 days I went to work ) which I think is pretty good for an old vehicle at 114,500 miles on the odometer 🤔🤔🤔

Comment

• Witsend
            Banned
            • Nov 2012

Never really liked working on them C@ntwhore Mistakes. From what I recall , you best shim up the mount along the LF fender apron or the transmission case becomes damaged in the pump area from hitting the front cradle over rough pavement as the rubber mount settles.

Comment

Working...