Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bestdamgarage
    • Apr 2016

Originally posted by Steve6911
    Had that on an early Corvette I had to put a PCM in, Had to isolate the PCM from the rest of the network as per the service procedure but it still would fail on programming. I talked to my mobile guy and he told me to put the Pass-thru-pro into debugging mode, PCM programmed without issue after that. He told me the same, the Jbox was too fast. I now do that on all my early GM programming and have had no problem.
    I had a vette that needed some special bus isolation tool so i tryed to flah it on the bench and fried the pcm.Does the pass through pro 3 have debug mode and where is it located.

Comment

• Glide
      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Witsend
      So even though a 2008 Saturn Astra is not actually some early 2000 GM product, but basically a re-badged German car, a J-box would still be too fast to be able to do the programming on it and you would still require an actual old Tech 2 to be able to do it? I find that hard to believe.
      In North America we use the terms Flashing and Programming interchangeably,this is not so in Europe and Asia.Flashing is installing the software,Programming(or Coding) is what we would refer to as Setup.
      SPS lists Tech 2 and SK100 as the only tools that can use "Security Access" which is required to Program I didn't bother trying any of my other interfaces to Flash the new ECM as I had the TECH 2 attached to the vehicle to Program it anyway.
      Flashing these modules is no good without a tool to Program it as well.

Security Access

'Security Access' prevents unauthorized programming of vital functions in vehicles.

Some of the programming functions that use the Tech 2 are inaccessible without the enabling through TIS2Web. Some of the inaccessible programming functions that need 'Security Access' for their performance are:
      •Programming of the immobilizer
      •Programming of the transponder key

After the security programming has been performed the Tech 2 displays the following:
      "Get Security Access from TIS2Web!".

In order to perform these programming procedures it is necessary to get security access from TIS2Web.

The operation 'Security Access' includes the following steps:
      1.Connect Tech 2 with a RS232 cable to the PC.
      2.Connect Tech 2 with the provided default cable to the power supply. An alternative connection to the diagnostics plug (ALDL) in the vehicle is possible.
      3.From the TIS2Web main screen, select the 'Security Access' icon.
      4.Select the connected device.
      5.Continue with Next >.
      6.Validate the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) read from the device.
      7.The request is now processed.
      8.The user is being informed of the enabled 'Security Access'.
      9.Click Finish to close the application 'Security Access'.

Operating elements:

< Back leads to the previous screen
      Next > leads to the next screen
      Cancel exits the current procedure and leads to the main screen
      Finish leads to the screen 'Security Access Service Client Download'.

© GM Europe, SPO Engineering - International Operations, 30 September 2005 (V2.0)

Comment

• Steve6911
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by bestdamgarage
        I had a vette that needed some special bus isolation tool so i tryed to flah it on the bench and fried the pcm.Does the pass through pro 3 have debug mode and where is it located.

You don't need the special bus isolation tool, just unplug BOTH "comb" connectors and use a wiring diagram to find the PCM and the DLC and use jumper wires to join just those 2. The tool just makes the easier and quicker.

Debugging is in the Toolbox under support, go into Debugging check, run the check and do not exit that mode, minimize the toolbox and run the Programming/flashing program.

Debug.JPG

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

You don't need the special bus isolation tool, just unplug BOTH "comb" connectors and use a wiring diagram to find the PCM and the DLC and use jumper wires to join just those 2. The tool just makes the easier and quicker.

Debugging is in the Toolbox under support, go into Debugging check, run the check and do not exit that mode, minimize the toolbox and run the Programming/flashing program.
          Thats Good information for a practical work around if those "comb" connectors aren't buried in 20 different possible Turd Positions varying with each different year and model GM car and you are actually able to see what you are doing when jumping the wires to the PCM and DLC.
          As for the "De bugging" , is that just something that is part of the Drew Tech , PTP3 Software Toolbox or something universally offered/required among all J boxes? De- Bugging definitely sounds like something I wouldn't want to select if programming a VW Beetle

Comment

Working...