Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimbo4822
    • Mar 2014

Future with Verdict?

At a shop meeting we were informed that the Verus we have as a shop tool will only get one more update and then there will be no more updates. The reasoning is it is a WIN 98 platform. So is the Verdict. Is the Verdict also going to be unsupported next year? I really dont want to purchase a new scan tool, I am on the closing end of my career and do not want to re invest any more than i need to.

thanks
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

I thought I have been on the closing end of my career for the last 20 years. Just use your old Verdict as a scope and get a Mini Maxi Cyst off Amazon when they start to dump em when the China Man releases a newer reiteration of what equates to $800 worth of auto diagnostic software on a newer $200 Android tablet. Thank God that gone are the days of paying $5000 for a ancient windows PC so you can play crude video games and hear you got mail on dial up AOL.

Comment

• sbreland73
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by jimbo4822
      At a shop meeting we were informed that the Verus we have as a shop tool will only get one more update and then there will be no more updates. The reasoning is it is a WIN 98 platform. So is the Verdict. Is the Verdict also going to be unsupported next year? I really dont want to purchase a new scan tool, I am on the closing end of my career and do not want to re invest any more than i need to.

thanks
      Windows XP Embedded. Snapon will still sell software updates on those machines for several more years.
      S. Breland

Comment

• antthecat
        • Apr 2014

Been told here in the uk the verdict will not receive updates after 18.2 bundle. Shame

Will still keep it as it does what i need and now going down dealer tool route so it will be a good back up tool.

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

Sooner or later need newer car coverage

Saw a Verdict with 13.2 with European on Craigslist for $1,100 obo.

Figuring I would have a 2 channel scope and OBD 1, and could then sell my Counselor 2 and My MT2500 to offset cost to update it and keep the Port Freight 08 as a hole filler.
          Looking at the picture of the kit, it looked like the meter and leads were missing. Called the Seller who told me it don't have the leads or the scope meter. Wow,that must have sucked to lose that meter. All this time, I'm thinking the Verdict had the 2 channel scope incorporated into it like a Verus and the meter was just a Bonus DVOM. Updates cost over $1200, which I figure at least $400 of that is to update component testing portion for the included scope meter it should have, and I'm thinking Snappy has BS proprietary set up where you can't just pair another used scope meter purchased off E-bay on another Verdict, and shudder to think what a new one might run. Snappy should offer 2 tier updates for Verus and Verdict $700 for budget challenged folk, the vehicle coverage of scanner and then an extra $500 for updating the scope and scope component test coverage. Oh well thought she looked like a good deal at first , might have to drop another $1200 and just root a brand new Android Chin-a-sys tool for something to get by with for another 3 or 4 more years. It really don't pay to update a discontinued Port Freight 08, I worry some capability with older cars be lost if I updated it because of all the changes to the software past couple years due to legal woes. Excitement like a Hard on , it lasted about 5 minutes realizing you'll be married to it and she'll cost me a lot to dump her later.
          Last edited by Witsend; 01-05-2017, 02:09 PM.

Comment

• sbreland73
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Witsend
            I'm thinking Snappy has BS proprietary set up where you can't just pair another used scope meter purchased off E-bay on another Verdict, and shudder to think what a new one might run.
            Not the case. I purchased the M2 Meter from an ebay seller, and pairs quite nicely to any of the "V" platforms. Mine is paired to my Verus Pro.
            S. Breland

Comment

• Witsend
              Banned
              • Nov 2012

Thanks for clarifying Stacey, good to know. Sounds like a good addition to Verus Pro. Thought I saw one on E-bay for $345

Comment

• Witsend
                Banned
                • Nov 2012

Any chance a M2 meter can be mirrored to a big screen smart TV to view scope?

Comment

• Wheel
                  • Jul 2007

Saw a Verdict with 13.2 with European on Craigslist for $1,100 obo.

Figuring I would have a 2 channel scope and OBD 1, and could then sell my Counselor 2 and My MT2500 to offset cost to update it and keep the Port Freight 08 as a hole filler.
                  Looking at the picture of the kit, it looked like the meter and leads were missing. Called the Seller who told me it don't have the leads or the scope meter. Wow,that must have sucked to lose that meter. All this time, I'm thinking the Verdict had the 2 channel scope incorporated into it like a Verus and the meter was just a Bonus DVOM. Updates cost over $1200, which I figure at least $400 of that is to update component testing portion for the included scope meter it should have, and I'm thinking Snappy has BS proprietary set up where you can't just pair another used scope meter purchased off E-bay on another Verdict, and shudder to think what a new one might run. Snappy should offer 2 tier updates for Verus and Verdict $700 for budget challenged folk, the vehicle coverage of scanner and then an extra $500 for updating the scope and scope component test coverage. Oh well thought she looked like a good deal at first , might have to drop another $1200 and just root a brand new Android Chin-a-sys tool for something to get by with for another 3 or 4 more years. It really don't pay to update a discontinued Port Freight 08, I worry some capability with older cars be lost if I updated it because of all the changes to the software past couple years due to legal woes. Excitement like a Hard on , it lasted about 5 minutes realizing you'll be married to it and she'll cost me a lot to dump her later.
                  You will want to keep your counselor as the m2 scope lacks the dedicated ignition features the counselor has. The counselor has features I wish the Verus had.
                  You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• Wheel
                    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by sbreland73
                    Not the case. I purchased the M2 Meter from an ebay seller, and pairs quite nicely to any of the "V" platforms. Mine is paired to my Verus Pro.
                    It's just a dirty shame you can't use both the native and the m2 scopes on
                    a Verus at the same time.
                    You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• jm43130
                      • Apr 2008

I just bought a new unused M2 meter from Snapon dealer to pair with my new Verus edge. Works great and you do have ignition capabilities when it is paired to a Verus or a Verdict because ignition tests are loaded onto Verus and Verdict platforms under component tests. It shows on Verus and Verdict screens as M2 just shows pairing screen. It's the 1-2 rotary dial position.

Comment

• Witsend
                        Banned
                        • Nov 2012

Sounds like that meter might live on after the Verdict is gone. Would be nice if it were able to be paired to a $40 Screen Beam Mini 2 dongle plugged into HDMI port of a LCD TV. but I'm thinking the range might not be far enough, Anyone tried? I already Mirror my Smart phone and show customers photos and videos on a 55 inch TV

Actiontec’s Gateways and Extenders incorporate the most advanced WiFi 7 technology, including tri-band 4x4x4 with 10Gbps WAN/LAN throughput on our flagship WiFi 7 gateway. We’ve optimized antenna placement on three dimensions to deliver a robust signal between floors and to the far corners of the home.

Comment

• Wheel
                          • Jul 2007

Sounds like that meter might live on after the Verdict is gone. Would be nice if it were able to be paired to a $40 Screen Beam Mini 2 dongle plugged into HDMI port of a LCD TV. but I'm thinking the range might not be far enough, Anyone tried? I already Mirror my Smart phone and show customers photos and videos on a 55 inch TV

https://www.actiontec.com/334.html
                          Even if the m2 could get a signal to a device - the device receiving that signal would need some kind of software to make use of what the m2 sent and put it in a format you could read.
                          Once you ran it through a Verus or Verdict unit, there are ways to get it on a big screen.

Comment

• Wheel
                            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by jm43130
                            I just bought a new unused M2 meter from Snapon dealer to pair with my new Verus edge. Works great and you do have ignition capabilities when it is paired to a Verus or a Verdict because ignition tests are loaded onto Verus and Verdict platforms under component tests. It shows on Verus and Verdict screens as M2 just shows pairing screen. It's the 1-2 rotary dial position.
                            While any scope can get you some form of ignition pattern under certain circumstances, the Verdict scope lacks the dedicated ignition analysis features built into the Verus scope.There is nowhere to hook up some of these accessories even, such as the EETM303A05A rpm probe, or you probably can't properly utilize the sia 2000 ignition set, either.
                            The options for the ignition features may appear on the menu, but have you successfully used them - and if so, how did you succeed?
                            I ask because this would be very helpful to many who use an m2 and either verus or verdict.

Comment

• Witsend
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2012

Even if the m2 could get a signal to a device - the device receiving that signal would need some kind of software to make use of what the m2 sent and put it in a format you could read.
                              Once you ran it through a Verus or Verdict unit, there are ways to get it on a big screen.

What would be Hilarious is if that failed Scope App on A ChinaCyst tablet actually worked with Flying colors pairing an M2 to it.LMAO
                              Maybe Snappy could sell an M2 App software for a windows 10 laptop for $50 a pop to use a M2 as a generic 2 channel oscilloscope and if it works well , sell a Virtual Vantage app software for $500, to give guided component testing , by make and model.
                              Last edited by Witsend; 01-08-2017, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Working...