Vantage Pro Battery Life

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VWBMW
    • Dec 2011

This thing is fighting me trying to put it back together... I also blew the little
    resistor (?) that is inline with one of the batteries and that is now an open in
    the circuit.

Don't count on any side-by-side comparisons in the near future.

All I can say is that the other Tech is very happy with his Modis pack (he only
    replaced one on the Modis not the vantagepro).

Comment

• sandt38
      • May 2012

You mean you blew the fuse?

Comment

• kvr901
        • May 2010

Hi, I've been busy and missed several posts here.

On July 3rd you said your friend didn't remember what batteries he used and his battery case was glued shut. What lead you to decide on the batteries you mentioned below?

Also, in a later post you said you were having trouble getting it back together. Before you close the battery case can you take a few photographs? If you can't post them here would you be willing to e-mail a photo or two?

Originally posted by VWBMW

As for the batteries I bought today, here's what the invoice says:

Item: NH-4/3A-3600-I
        Quantity: 7
        Description: Motoma NMH 4/3 A 3600 MAH Industrial Battery

Comment

• VWBMW
          • Dec 2011

Sorry about the late reply... if been having health issues and put this on the back burner.

I took the open battery pack to the battery place, where they simply matched-up a suitable battery by way of size, with the most ma/hr rating.

Still haven't put it back together an not sure what to do with that little gizmo I fried.

Spot welding the batteries together just like when stock is probably the best way to go, but not something I could do... soldering them is a tricky step (at least for me).

I should have asked the store that sold the batteries if they would be willing to replace them for me.

So far, money not well spent!

Comment

• kvr901
            • May 2010

Can you take a photo or two while it is open? Thanks

Comment

• VWBMW
              • Dec 2011

Will post some tonight.

Comment

• VWBMW
                • Dec 2011

I left them original size... sorry if they are too big.

Comment

• kvr901
                  • May 2010

Thanks very much for the photos.

Comment

• joec44
                    • Oct 2011

V pro battery

I have been flowing this post for a time now and wanted to add this. I sent my V pro battery out to a place in Pgh. Pa. last week for a rebuild. After moor than 6 calls thay said thay can rebuild it for $ 76.65 inc. Pa tax and shiping.When it gets back I will test it and if it is a good deal I will post a link to them. If it does not work a guy named mat and I will have bad words together! PS I did buy a new battery from snap on for about $130 inc. tax so we shall see Well best of luck and see ya soon Joe

Comment

• joec44
                      • Oct 2011

Well I should have posted a long time ago but hear goes. I got my vantage pro battery back from batterys plus and charged it up put in the V pro and used it as much as I could testing and play time it works great! Battery plus is all over but I used the one in pgh. pa. 412 531 1690 you may have one closer to you just google it. Bottem line is I am very happy with this rebuilt battery

Comment

• kvr901
                        • May 2010

Thanks for the update.

I have one battery that is beginning to take a very short time to charge (an indication it is getting old).

I use both my Vantage Pro and Solus Pro only for home use, and it is nice to know there is a less expensive option for batteries.

Comment

Working...