Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tuffyauto
    • Oct 2010

nrrd help

i have a 2000 honda civic 16 valve vtec 1.6L in the shop has a no start issue keeps fouling out plugs have tried a new distr./dist. cap/rotor/plugs/wires checked compresion is at 170 on all cyl i have cleand all the ground locations check the map/iac/intake air temp/ect/tps so i unpluged injectors one at a time and car tried to start so i unpluged all the injectors and srayed starter fluid into t.b. and car started and would stay running as long spayed starter fluid into t.b. fuel psi was at 42 relaced regulator still with no changes in symtom check timing and it is set right on marks i did hook up noid light to each inj harness and they flashed as car was cranking had codes in system for a random miss and a miss on all cyl.
  • Jay G.
    Administrator
    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by tuffyauto
    i have a 2000 honda civic 16 valve vtec 1.6L in the shop has a no start issue keeps fouling out plugs have tried a new distr./dist. cap/rotor/plugs/wires checked compresion is at 170 on all cyl i have cleand all the ground locations check the map/iac/intake air temp/ect/tps so i unpluged injectors one at a time and car tried to start so i unpluged all the injectors and srayed starter fluid into t.b. and car started and would stay running as long spayed starter fluid into t.b. fuel psi was at 42 relaced regulator still with no changes in symtom check timing and it is set right on marks i did hook up noid light to each inj harness and they flashed as car was cranking had codes in system for a random miss and a miss on all cyl.
    Hi,
    Does the check engine light come on and go out after 2 seconds with each key cycle?

Comment

• tuffyauto
      • Oct 2010

it comes back on

Comment

• Jay G.
        Administrator
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by tuffyauto
        it comes back on
        Is there a code stored?
        Sounds like a possible problem in the PGM-FI relay, check to make sure that it is working properly.
        Last edited by Jay G.; 10-06-2010, 10:58 AM.

Comment

• eddiesverus
          • Dec 2008

Have you looked at the scan tool Data Pids looking for any out of spec's PID readings? If a CTS, IAT, MAP,TPS or any other Pid is out of range, you will have hard/no start condition's. Compare the Pids on a known good Honda to the bad and find out what's causing the no start. use your common sense, for example the ECT Temp PID, is really at the temp it indicates? yes the PGMFI main relay is a good known fault too. But remember to check your BASIC's Battery, Grounds, Fuses, Compression, Ect.. Good luck....
          Hard Work, commitment, Honesty and not giving up is what Makes us better Tech's

Comment

Working...