Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fjm805
    • Jul 2010

Verdict reprogramming capability

Does anyone know if the wireless module will act as a j2524 reprogramming tool? If so how long before it will be available to activate.
  • tdellingner
    • Jul 2008

I don't think so.....according to the Verdict brochure, on page 6 http://www1.snapon.com/display/1060/...T_Brochure.pdf it does not have a bullet beside J2534 reprograming, shopkey management, or ignition scope.....

Comment

• fjm805
      • Jul 2010

I was installing a printer and part of the procedure was to find the folder and open it. While looking for it i found a folder titled J2534 so it sparked my interest.

Comment

• racingdave
        • Jul 2009

Verdict

I have allready decided to purchase a vantage pro, today snappy confused me, he wants to upgrade me to a verdict in exchange for my solus pro and very outdated vantage.Should i keep my solus pro and add the vantage pro or should i buy the verdict?For what little time i had to play with it i do like it and it seems like a mini versus,What do they mean about it doesnt have an ignition scope?and will it work with my passthru pro?If it is pc based and i can go on line with it why wouldnt it work with J2534 programing.Not that i really care to use it for flashing, they say to hard wire your stuff for that anyway i use my shop pc for that.I really want it for ignition kv voltage, lab scope, injector testing, coil testing ya know all the stuff the vantage pro does.Again what do they mean it doesnt have an ignition scope?Isnt that what i need to check secondary ignition firing voltages?Surley it can do that.
        Last edited by racingdave; 11-12-2010, 07:04 AM.

Comment

• Skip
          Super Moderator
          • Apr 2008

No matter what you decide, keep your old Vantage. I'll surrender mine when they pry my cold fingers off the scroll wheel.
          Last edited by Skip; 11-12-2010, 04:02 PM.

Comment

• Rich Shepherd
            Snap-on D&I
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by racingdave
            What do they mean about it doesnt have an ignition scope? I really want it for ignition kv voltage, lab scope, injector testing, coil testing ya know all the stuff the vantage pro does.Again what do they mean it doesnt have an ignition scope?Isnt that what i need to check secondary ignition firing voltages?Surley it can do that.
            By ignition scope, they mean a scope that can be connected to all cylinders at once and display ignition patterns such as a Parade, Raster, Superimposed, or just an individual cylinder.
            The Verdict does not have an ignition scope, but can be used to check ignition.

Any scope can be used to view secondary ignition over time if you have a secondary ignition pickup to connect to a coil or secondary wire and can connect it to your scope channel. You select an appropriate voltage scale, time sweep, and trigger to view the waveform.
            With the Verdict, you could use one of the Vantage KV pickups and the kv adapter lead for Modis/V Pro/Verus to display an ignition waveform on the Verdict scope
            There are no KV scales at this time in the lab scope so you would have to select a voltage scale in the 2-5V range which is the typical level output by the ignition pickups. You can then display the waveform and use it for diagnosis.
            If you ID the vehicle in CTM and it supports secondary ignition testing for that vehicle, you will have scaling in KV.

Comment

• racingdave
              • Jul 2009

ignition scope verdict

okay so does the vantage pro have an ignition scope?Can i see all the cylinders at once as on parade and raster, i dont see having to check an ignition firing voltage one cyl;inder at a time or for that matter an injector one at a time and for that matter a coil one at a time.Help me out here i want to upgrade my diagnoastic equipment is a vantage pro a better choice then the verdict.keep in mind i have a solus pro the verdict iam told will replace it and also be a vantage pro.

Comment

• phill57
                • Oct 2007

Need and ignitionscope?

okay so does the vantage pro have an ignition scope?Can i see all the cylinders at once as on parade and raster, i dont see having to check an ignition firing voltage one cyl;inder at a time or for that matter an injector one at a time and for that matter a coil one at a time.Help me out here i want to upgrade my diagnoastic equipment is a vantage pro a better choice then the verdict.keep in mind i have a solus pro the verdict iam told will replace it and also be a vantage pro.
                hello. Just thought I would jump in here and add my 2 cents or actually 1.9 cents US.

I have the Verus updated to version 10.2 with many of the ignition scope adapters as well as the waste spark adapters. I can honestly say I may have used the ignition testing capabilities once this year. I work on all makes and models of vehicles and I really believe that the need for ignition testing is very limited today. With most OBD2 vehicles supporting missfire diagnosis and the many different ignition coil designs it is often not needed and almost impossible on some vehicles. Try doing ignition testing on a Nissan Maxima 3.0 for instance. If I get a vehicle in the shop that is pre-OBD2 with a distributor and it has a missfire, 95% of the time replacing plugs, plug wires, cap and rotor fixes the problem. Why would I want to isolate the problem to one plug wire only to change the whole set.

I have had a chance to work with the Verdict and I although I found the wireless/keyless feature convenient I had trouble seeing the small screen especially after working with the Verus. In my opinion if you have a Solus Pro a very good complement to that is the Vantage Pro. I even still have my old Vantage. I wish Snap-On had not dumped that tool. It was an excellent graphing multimeter and it does things more conviently than my 12K Verus does.

Not sure if this helped you.

Comment

• themechanic
                  • Nov 2010

I would wait

I have already decided to purchase a vantage pro, today snappy confused me, he wants to upgrade me to a verdict in exchange for my solus pro and very outdated vantage.Should i keep my solus pro and add the vantage pro or should i buy the verdict?For what little time i had to play with it i do like it and it seems like a mini versus,What do they mean about it doesnt have an ignition scope?and will it work with my passthru pro?If it is pc based and i can go on line with it why wouldnt it work with J2534 programing.Not that i really care to use it for flashing, they say to hard wire your stuff for that anyway i use my shop pc for that.I really want it for ignition kv voltage, lab scope, injector testing, coil testing ya know all the stuff the vantage pro does.Again what do they mean it doesnt have an ignition scope?Isnt that what i need to check secondary ignition firing voltages?Surley it can do that.
                  I own a verdict and thought it was awesome. Then windows kicks in Grrr... locks up errors, must stop this first, cannot load, cannot find file errors in the devise manager. It basically sucks being an $8000 guinea pig.. I think you should keep your solus pro and get the vantage pro. i am sorry i traded both of them for this broken window,, the blue tooth sometimes take forever and/or doesn't connect. God forbid you don't back all the way out before you unplug the wireless scanner module cause then your going to have to start the 5 to 8 minute restart.. at this point I already had solus pro went through the trouble shooter had vantage pro and diagnosed the problem and already priced it out. Oh occasionally you might breeze though one or two times if your dont get locked or error pop ups. My advise DONT BUY YET LET ME TAKE THE LOSS NOW SO I COULD TEST IT FOR EVERYBODY ELSE. I snap lots of pics of the errors i text them to my dealer and his phone memory is getting full. and restarts and its just a waist of time. So much quicker to have three separate tools this is my second one cause they said maybe the first was a defect.. Ha Ha there all defects

Comment

• racingdave
                    • Jul 2009

the verdict is

Thank you all for your very good advise and agree with you,iam glad i took the time and asked about my next purchase i will choose the vantage pro like i wanted to to begin with.

Comment

• Danksoldier
                      • Dec 2010

No problems here

I traded in a Modis I had for 2 years for one. Loved the scope, hated, and I mean HATED the navigation buttons on it, and personality keys suck. For some reason which snap-on could never figured out (4 trips to repair) it locked up on all Chrysler evap tests. And it hated BMW's period, which we see tons of. Besides that it was a great scanner/scope. The biggest reason I had to get out of it was a dealer/payment issue (financed through the truck not snap). Plus it needed updated, and my dealer made me a killer deal on the trade, so It didn't really cost me to much. I have had the Verdict for three months, and have had absolutely zero issues with connectivity, blue tooth, or windows freezing. It def took some getting used to, def had to change the order of getting ready to scan a car (start it up before I even pull it in seams to working pretty well), and it does take a little long to boot. But not changing the ends for most euro, not dealing with keys, the way it opens tech references without having to back all the way out, the touch screen, saving scanned vehicles and taking notes on them, being able to walk back to the tech computer, pull a running car outside and watch the data while I work on something else, checking all modules for probs at once, the extra VW/Audi coverage (work in a very yuppie area so that"s a huge plus)all priceless, well maybe not priceless, but super cool. I can def see where people who have used the older machines for a long time just can't get used to it but things are changing at a rapid pace and we all have to adapt. If you have something else I would say wait because they always get better after a couple of updates, but if not I wouldn't hesitate getting one.

Comment

• eddiesverus
                        • Dec 2008

Verdict CPU

Does anyone know the CPU type and Speed of the Verdict. I just know it has 1GB of RAM. would it be better than the VERUS. I just wonder since the VERUS only has 512MB.
                        Hard Work, commitment, Honesty and not giving up is what Makes us better Tech's

Comment

• astgarage
                          • Jan 2008

Verdit has a Atom processor running @ 1 plus GHz

Comment

• eddiesverus
                            • Dec 2008

[QUOTE=astgarage;19310]Verdit has a Atom processor running @ 1 plus GHz[/QUOTE
                            thanks. that's what i thoght. a netbook really? Now if i got my laptop with bluetooth and somehow get the Verus/Verdict software loaded on it and use the Verdict modules to connect i would then have faster tool of my choice and be able to do flash programing. now that would be good. any body tride it yet?
                            Hard Work, commitment, Honesty and not giving up is what Makes us better Tech's

Comment

• rickc00
                              • Dec 2010

If there is indeed Intel Atom processor in Verdict then it is almost 2 times slower then Desktop/Mobile processor from Intel (AMD) of equal freq. as it executes each x86 instruction in two clock cycles (as oppose to one cycle for desktop processors).

Anyhow, installing software on desktop will require modification to the software which is (I believe) a violation of the copyright law and terms of use. Otherwise I would have done it 3 months ago.

Comment

Working...