Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • badcoupe
    • Jan 2011

08Honda civic pcm swap

I haven't done a honda yet. When I visit the honda website it lists two diff sites @$10 per day subscription althpugh drewtech says it's free. What am I missing here? Installeing a used customer supplied PCM, Anyhting I need to know beforehand here? Just hoping to save any trouble beforehand. Thanks!
  • Orevin
    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by badcoupe
    I haven't done a honda yet. When I visit the honda website it lists two diff sites @$10 per day subscription althpugh drewtech says it's free. What am I missing here? Installeing a used customer supplied PCM, Anyhting I need to know beforehand here? Just hoping to save any trouble beforehand. Thanks!
    You will need a scan tool that can deal with the immobilizer.

Reprogramming might not be necessary, but if it does, the software is available for free at https://techinfo.honda.com/. Click on the link for "complete list of diagnostic tools" and follow the link for the free download of the J2534 software.
    -Kai-
    Chicago, IL

Comment

• badcoupe
      • Jan 2011

Thanks Kai they tried the pcm beforehand but the immo kept them from using it. At least I have a starting point now though!

Comment

• badcoupe
        • Jan 2011

Got it programmed easy enough now to get the immo straightened out!

Comment

• longhungsilver
          • Oct 2013

I haven't changed a pcm in a newer Honda before. Do you need a PIN nuimber for the immobilizer or just a capable scan tool?

Comment

• badcoupe
            • Jan 2011

Thats where I'm stuck now, the verus pro was abvle to rewrite the vin and I programmed with the ptp, now gotta see what it takes for immo. I haven't seen anything anywhere on the verus yet to do it.

Comment

• Steve6911
              • Feb 2007

The Verus will not do the Key relearn for you. Best best is to call in a good Locksmith for that.

Steve

Comment

• longhungsilver
                • Oct 2013

That sucks. Why even put the Vin rewrite function in the Verus then?

Comment

• Steve6911
                  • Feb 2007

There is a lot involved with Vehicle security on certain vehicles, Honda being one of them. Do you have the other programs needed to get the pin number or have someone in the dealer who can get it for you? Do you have a Locksmith License that allows you to get that number?
                  Here is a link showing a little of whats involved to be a security professional. Vehicle security is getting harder and harder and its not Snap-ons fault, if it was as easy as having a Verus anyone that had a key cut off the VIN and had one could steal a Vehicle

Steve

Comment

• longhungsilver
                    • Oct 2013

Well I was amazed a few months back when i programmed new keys for a 2012 civic with my launch x431.. No pin codes needed. So maybe its time to invest in one. I've also managed to program a few keys for toyota prius'. No luck on Chryslers though.

The launch isnt the best scan tool in the world but its got me out of a few binds over the few years I've had it.

Even if pin codes are needed i wish snap on would give me the option to program things like immobilizers, leave it up to me to get the pin code... I'd just like the option.

Comment

• Pabliniboy
                      • Mar 2011

I have done hondas with the maxidas if you replace the PCM it works but if
                      You do a ignition switch it won't do it

Comment

• K2356
                        • Aug 2007

Yes the autel maxidas will perform that task on a 08 civic. Since you already programmed the vin you will now need to go into the immobilizer module and select PCM replaced. No pin will be required and once it performs the reset/ learn all the keys..... You will need to perform the crank variance relearn and the TB setup.. Which you will want to clean before you do that function. Sorry to tell you that your passthru pro and snapon scanner won't have the PCM replacement option. So you will need an Autel or of course the Honda factory tool either a gna600/hds or the MVCI.
                        Kevin Suttorp[/SIZE]

Comment

Working...