• Show
Clear All
  • rickyd
    • Feb 2014

Programming 2010 Mazda 6

WHAT AM I GOING TO NEED TO KNOW BEFORE I START
  • derktins
    • Oct 2012

Depends, what are you trying to program and why?

Mazda will only allow you to program Powertrain Modules with a J2534 tool. Anything else requires a factory scan tool.

Start there, at Mazda's service info subscription site. Pretty much everything you need to know will be there.

Comment

• Steve6911
      • Feb 2007

Also note on the right side of the page it states that Medium speed CAN modules cannot be programmed with aJ2534 box. Wish I noticed it before I tried to reflash an MPV!

Steve

Comment

• badcoupe
        • Jan 2011

have 2 keys and you have buy an additional security subscription when your replacing pcm and need to program keys. Also don't do this on a friday afternoon, I found out the hard way ran into some issues and to repurchase the subscription. They email you the security code and sometimes it takes a few hours for them to do so or not until the following monday.

Comment

• Pabliniboy
          • Mar 2011

I just did a SRS Control module with the J2534 it worked good

Comment

• rickyd
            • Feb 2014

thanks for input i have run into the 24 hr problem first code didnt work pcm programed thieft got me now i have got hec in code but didnt reset parramiters so got to start over on monday but both subcriptions run out by then more money going to try to reset parramiters then see where that gets me lol
            it is saturday i had two keys but one was a aftermarket and would not program but now drove to two dealerships got one requested new code but got reply as insted of giving new code they told me to put battery charger on it and cycle key 5 times and resend code but tryed to and time ran out i gess sucks to be me

Comment

• badcoupe
              • Jan 2011

Thats the situation I ran into, the shop had had the key cloned and the pcm thought I was using same key twice so sub ran out before they got the new key, then the key from dealer didn't turn in the ignition, it was cut too deep. I ended up pulling the switch and turning it manually with the two keys in the cyl to get it programmed. Pain in the rear, lol

Comment

Working...