Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dryan
    • Jun 2014

Compatable Amp clamp

Has anyone used the Hantek cc-65 with there Vantage Pro scope? The price is good!
  • badcoupe
    • Jan 2011

Not sure about that one, I use an AES and it works great and the price is good as well.

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

The 07-60 that AES sells (CA60)in picture appears to have the Banana style connectors Snap On Vantage Pros use. The Hantek CC65 has BNC style in a picture I saw , so you would need an adapter. Not sure it is included with low amp probe.

Comment

• Dryan
        • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Witsend
        The 07-60 that AES sells (CA60)in picture appears to have the Banana style connectors Snap On Vantage Pros use. The Hantek CC65 has BNC style in a picture I saw , so you would need an adapter. Not sure it is included with low amp probe.
        Yes! The cable thing is unclear, some of the vendors state it comes both ways, but if you try to order I see no choice. Hantek's site has a picture of the banana connector's, the venders don't have those pictures.

The zero adjustment looks to be a wheel, not a button, not sure.

That amp clamp appears to be the same one that comes with the scope they sell.

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

The Hantek scopes that I've seen so far have BNC connectors, the more adapters you have to cobble together the more chance you have for a connector issue. Even though I'm just a bottom feeder, I'ld rather deal with a reputable company based in the USA that stocks Chinese merchandise.
          In event I have a complaint that could result in an incompetent employee getting fired for an F'up than dealing with an incompetent Chinaman that might have to face a whole Firing Squad for incompetence.
          I sure hope it hasn't happened yet.

Comment

• badcoupe
            • Jan 2011

The aes one looks like a wheel but it is actually a button. I use it with my verus pro no problem, no adapters needed

Comment

• Dryan
              • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Witsend
              The Hantek scopes that I've seen so far have BNC connectors, the more adapters you have to cobble together the more chance you have for a connector issue. Even though I'm just a bottom feeder, I'ld rather deal with a reputable company based in the USA that stocks Chinese merchandise.
              In event I have a complaint that could result in an incompetent employee getting fired for an F'up than dealing with an incompetent Chinaman that might have to face a whole Firing Squad for incompetence.
              I sure hope it hasn't happened yet.
              The clamp with the banana connectors is called "type B"

Comment

• Dryan
                • Jun 2014

I got in touch with the seller today , the meter comes with a adaptor (included) not shown in that picture above, BCN to Banana. It should take about a month to get here. 56 bucks new.

Also got a High amp clamp from ebay Westward 6jg57, 37 bucks new.

Still watching video's and reading on Vantage Pro.
                Last edited by Dryan; 06-25-2014, 04:36 PM. Reason: add

Comment

• Witsend
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2012

Banana connectors

Those type B Banana connectors in the picture unfortunately appear to be female style , and I don't think they can plug into the female probe recepticles of vantage Pro or Modis unless you get a couple male to male adapters , and in that case, you might as well get the one with BNC connectors (in case you get a Pico or an improved Chinese Knock Off Hantek USB Scope later ) and get the BNC to banana adapter so you can use it on the Vantage Pro for the time being. I figure the now discontinued Vantage Pro should still see another 5 years of support .

Comment

• Dryan
                    • Jun 2014

I got the meter from a different guy, new guy says i'm getting this incleded. This what I need?

Comment

• Witsend
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2012

That is a BNC to Banana adapter, but that won't plug into a Vantage Pro,but would attach to an oscilloscope that has BNC connectors and allow banana style probes to work on a scope with BNC connectors
                      The Vantage Pro and Modis appear to have female channel receptacles (holes in center) that receive the male part of a banana connector in the center, though it might be shrouded on the outside for alignment and tighter fit, See if you are able get an end view of the type b connector ends of the low amp probe to see if they have the banana peg in the center (male)or just a hole (female)

Comment

• Dryan
                        • Jun 2014

Got this picture off ebay, its the same part #. ht311

Comment

• Witsend
                          Banned
                          • Nov 2012

You can use that BNC adapter pictured on a Pico Scope or BNC scope later on when you get one. The twin banana connector end probably cant just be inserted as is into the Vantage bridging from Com to Channel 1 or Channel 2.
                          Here is a real Snap on Low Amp Probe on Ebay. If you hover the cursor over the picture to enlarge it and see the connector , you will see it is a 90 degree shrouded male banana connector that has a peg in the center , much like the style a lot of multi meters use.

I read post somewhere that someone tried the knock offs , CA 60 was made in Taiwan and the CC 65 was made in China but the writer preferred the the feel of CA60 because it worked smoother for him. Don't take my word on that though.

Comment

• Dryan
                            • Jun 2014

Ballpark measured the Vantage pro COM an CH1, appears to be .750 3/4", Asked seller to do the same. ( might take some time to get answer)

Thanks for your input.
                            Denny

It looks to be the same size.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Dryan; 06-26-2014, 12:02 PM. Reason: add

Comment

• Witsend
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2012

The one picture with the metric ruler looks like 2 centimeters, center to center

Comment

Working...