Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phill57
    • Oct 2007

Missing Functions in Mercedes

Working on a 2010 Mercedes ML350 3.0 Litre Diesel vin 4JGBB2FB3AA587745 for MIL on. Had two codes in the ECM which are not listed in Mitchell or Alldata. Codes P16F600 and P18F700 which I suspect are just requests from the Selective Catalyst Reduction controller as it had codes 20B931, 20B913 and 20B77 which relate to problems with two of the heaters and the pump. These codes are not in Mitchell or Alldata either. The Verus 14.4 software does not allow for bidirectional testing of the SCR system. Using the Maxisys gave me the same codes but allowed for commanding the heaters on and off while monitoring the data as well as activating the delivery valve, pump and metering valve. I was able to command the heaters on and off and two of the heaters that had set fault codes show little to no current when commanded on. The Maxisys also communicated with 33 controllers in the vehicle as opposed to Snap-On only 24 I believe. Using the Verus to do this repair coupled by the lack of information in Mitchell would make this job very inconvenient at least.
    Attached Files
Working...