Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • komobu
    • Feb 2009

Verus Woes

Yesterday before I logged into my Verus Wireless (EMS 325) it was working fine. Today it did not load as it should have. Instead it gives me two error messages that lasted for like 30 seconds. This is how much I can remember what it said.

User Environment: Error Windows cannot load the locally stored profile. Possible causes of this error include insufficient security rights or a corrupt local profile. If this problem persists, contact your network administrator.
    Then there was a second message after that, which I could not well remember.

I shut the Verus Down and restarted it and all was well.

I then restarted it again and it gave me the same initial error "rror Windows cannot load the locally stored profile. Possible causes of this error include insufficient security rights or a corrupt local profile. If this problem persists, contact your network administrator." and after that it just hangs up saying "Applying Your Personal Settings" after about 20 minutes it finally started up.

How can I back up all my Verus Atlas Data....Scan Files, Screen Shots, and the like? I am thinking about doing the system restore.

If I do the "System Restore" will I loose my 12.4 and 13.2 updates?
  • badcoupe
    • Jan 2011

Restore wont lose your updates as for backing files up a usb thumb drive will save the files for you. Go to the snap-on links in your browser and there a few things there to help see if you have a virus and repair it.

Comment

• Crusty
      • Dec 2007

Make sure you run a virus scan on your saved data files too or you could re-introduce the virus if the SnapOn link does find one in the machine.
      I have heard of some people picking up a virus on their Verus machines.

It's ALWAYS a good practice to backup your files regularly anyway.

Comment

• komobu
        • Feb 2009

I called Snap Ons 800 number (800 424-7226) and spoke with them. At www.snap4help.com, line 14 is a back up program that backs up all your vehicle data, screen shots, data pid files, and everything else that Atlas uses. You can back it up to an external drive, or the "D" drive of the Verus.

Then after that I just ran the re-image that came with the verus that essentially makes the machine like the day it came from the factory. The snap on rep told me I would get my updates back, and if I didnt, they would provide them to me at no charge. I did in fact get my updates back.

I then ran the restore program (as in 1st paragraph above)and got all my vehicle data back.

Comment

• Crusty
          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by komobu
          I called Snap Ons 800 number (800 424-7226) and spoke with them. At www.snap4help.com, line 14 is a back up program that backs up all your vehicle data, screen shots, data pid files, and everything else that Atlas uses. You can back it up to an external drive, or the "D" drive of the Verus.

Then after that I just ran the re-image that came with the verus that essentially makes the machine like the day it came from the factory. The snap on rep told me I would get my updates back, and if I didnt, they would provide them to me at no charge. I did in fact get my updates back.

I then ran the restore program (as in 1st paragraph above)and got all my vehicle data back.
          Glad to hear you got everything running right and didn't lose any data. I would suggest you backup everything onto another external device and not just rely on the one piece of hardware. Using the "D" drive on the machine is good for a quick reimage but the entire machine could fail. It is best to have more than 1 backup and to have it on another device just for reliability.
          Glad all is well.

Comment

Working...