Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alwayslearnin
    • Feb 2013

Verus usb port

Hi all. I've been wanting to add additional software onto my verus and was using an external dvd drive. Only thing is everytime i plug it into usb port, power surge on hub port is displayed? It works ok on my pc. Any of you guy's had this issue? Thanks for any advice
  • badcoupe
    • Jan 2011

I haven't tried using a ext dvd drive but I've used my ext hdd as well as a few other devices with no problems

Comment

• Joe Rappa
      Snap-on DSD
      • Aug 2007

There is a possibility that the power consumption by the drive it too much for the Verus. I know that I have tried to use my air card with my Verus to get an internet connection, but it won't power it. If I use a powered USB hub, it works fine. I think i remember a post somewhere stating that the Scanner and Scope Modules consumed quite a bit of USB power, and it didn't leave a lot left for high powered USB devices.

Any chance you can get your hands on a powered USB hub to try?

Joe
      "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
      Henry Ford

Comment

• Wheel
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by alwayslearnin
        Hi all. I've been wanting to add additional software onto my verus and was using an external dvd drive. Only thing is everytime i plug it into usb port, power surge on hub port is displayed? It works ok on my pc. Any of you guy's had this issue? Thanks for any advice
        Joe is right about the port and the solution.
        You might also try copying the cd or dvd software onto a flash drive
        and using that on the Verus - or network with a desktop computer, share it's dvd drive, and install that way.
        There are also usb cd/dvd drives with 2 usb plugs, one being for power which you can plug into some ac adaptors made for the purpose.
        I've personally used most of these solutions.
        You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• alwayslearnin
          • Feb 2013

Hi guys thanks for all your replies & i think you all are spot on with the cause! I will be getting an external powered reader! Cheers again

Comment

Working...