Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RichMurphy
    • Jul 2013

Suzuki communication

I'm new to the verus platform. I have an 08 XL-7 VIN# 2S3DA217286124829. When I enter DTC display its showing almost every code possible it seems. In freeze frame the is only an EVAP code. I know from 07-09 GM went to a 32MB software card and, at least with the Tech 2, the old 10MB protocol from the Suzuki era won't work. I was curious if all the codes I am seeing could be to a software error and the only real problem is the EVAP in the freeze frame. The vehicle runs great and only has 50k miles. It only came in for failed emission inspection.
  • Joe Rappa
    Snap-on DSD
    • Aug 2007

If you are checking the code list that shows "Codes not Tested or Run This Key Cycle", or the other one for showing codes not tested since codes cleared, then what you are seeing is normal. The PCM lists every code that has not been checked for that particular key cycle, which is normally a lot of them if you just turned the key on.

Joe
    "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
    Henry Ford

Comment

• RichMurphy
      • Jul 2013

Thanks for the reply. This was under DTC display, not tests failed or not run this key cycle. I actually thought at first I made the wrong selection because that came to mind, so I went back and made sure. Also tried a generic OBD code reader but it would not communicate at all.

Comment

Working...