Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VorteXtreme
    • Aug 2017

Looking at a Modis

I am looking at a modis eems300 looks pretty old but works great, Comes with obd2 cable Version 15.4 & a good fixin' of personality keys he is asking $300. Is this a good buy? To me it would be worth it just for the Scope & component testing, locater & Component/Connector Views. What do you guys think?

I noticed Volvo database goes back to 2000 up to 2014 I tried hooking up to my 1998 Volvo v70r is a no go.. ETM (drive by wire ) Started in '99 for the volvo, Not to big of a deal. I believe I need different keys & a Dl-16 cable ? If I would like to do 2000& up volvo anyway.
    Last edited by VorteXtreme; 08-05-2017, 02:28 PM.
  • kirkbarrow.garage
    • Jan 2015

For me personally $300 would be a great deal at that price, and more than happy to buy it.
    But that's me 😇

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

Sounds to me like some Crack Head is selling off a Stolen Scanner or it has a problem that is going to rear it's ugly head when you try to scan certain major car makes. You never know though. Sometimes you just got a Ding Bat Ex or an Estate Sale where the surviving spouse or kids is selling off some stuff and based it on the price of a MT2500.
      Last edited by Witsend; 08-06-2017, 03:28 PM.

Comment

• Maui
        • Feb 2018

I'd say that you have found a very good deal, regardless of whether it will connect to your Volvo or not. Did you try connecting to the Volvo while using the global software?

If the scanner is working, and has no obvious damage...I'd buy it.
        It would be well worth a call to the local SO dealer for a check on whether it has any "ownership issues" before you buy it.

good luck
        aloha.

Comment

• GypsyR
          • Jul 2017

I gave 400 for mine and it isn't too pretty. I still like it.
          If it has at least one battery with it that's a great big bonus. You can get it rebuilt if it's dead but used ones are hard to find. Dead ones that need to be rebuilt can bring $60 or more on Ebay.

Pull the left rubber hand grip off and see if there is a small USB connector on the upper side. (There's a VGA port on the bottom). If the USB connector is there then it's a second generation model. Not a big deal but a small bonus if it is. The left grip is designed to be easily removable, NOT the right grip though.

Comment

Working...