Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 909wheeler
    • Dec 2015

Vantage Pro stuck in PC Connect Mode?

It says to "press the power key to exit and return to normal operating mode". I do that and it powers off. I press the power button again and it boots back into PC Connect mode. Tried pulling the battery but nothing seems to revert it back to normal operating mode.

Help?
  • Crusty
    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by 909wheeler
    It says to "press the power key to exit and return to normal operating mode". I do that and it powers off. I press the power button again and it boots back into PC Connect mode. Tried pulling the battery but nothing seems to revert it back to normal operating mode.

Help?
    Try hooking it up to a PC again and make connection to SSC (ShopStream Connect). Then with it still connected, try pressing the power button.
    It may be looking for a disconnect handshake.

Just a thought. I havn't had that problem but I don't connect mine to a PC. I just use a USB stick to transfer data. It's lighter to carry too

HTH

Comment

• 909wheeler
      • Dec 2015

That was my first thing I could think of. No go.

After shutting it down and pulling both CF cards out then powering it on and then off again, reinserting the cards and powering it back on, it finally switched over.

I WILL NEVER GO INTO PC CONNECT MODE AGAIN! Lol.

Got a CF card to USB adaptor for my laptop. Tried putting a USB thumbdrive in there and could not figure out how to move files from CF2 to USB (maybe there is a limit as to the size of the drive? I used an 8GB version).

Thanks for the help Crusty.
      Last edited by 909wheeler; 12-19-2015, 06:59 PM.

Comment

• Crusty
        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by 909wheeler
        That was my first thing I could think of. No go.

After shutting it down and pulling both CF cards out then powering it on and then off again, reinserting the cards and powering it back on, it finally switched over.

I WILL NEVER GO INTO PC CONNECT MODE AGAIN! Lol.

Got a CF card to USB adaptor for my laptop. Tried putting a USB thumbdrive in there and could not figure out how to move files from CF2 to USB (maybe there is a limit as to the size of the drive? I used an 8GB version).

Thanks for the help Crusty.
        Well I didn't help much but I'm glad you got it back working properly-!!

As for the files on the CF 2nd CF-card, just use the cf-card reader and create folders for the files for yourself on your computer. Transfer all your files into a Vantage-Pro folder with sub folders on your computer that make sense for you and use Shop Stream Connect.
        I set my Vantage pro to save to USB and just leave it in there until I'm finished with the vehicle. The USB stick is easier to handle than the CF-card and it's lighter then the machine itself. Too easy to plug into any computer and no fussing with the CF-card reader. I have a couple of 'em but don't use them much anymore.
        Once you get used to the procedure of always saving files to the computer it becomes second nature and you'll never lose all your movies and screen shot ever again (as long as you back up your computer files like we all should be doing anyway).
        Regarding the files and the size, it's a Windows CE operating system and windows folders have a 500 file limit within each folder (at least for anything older than Win-7 I believe)

Glad you got it working again-!!

Comment

Working...