Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums Diagnostic Home . Diagnostic Product Index . Customer Care        
Diagnostic SoftwareDiagnostic PlatformsAsk-a-Tech, Automotive Repair InformationTech Central
Go Back   Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums > Snap-on Diagnostic Products > Diagnostic Platforms > Verdict User Forum
Home Today's Posts Register Members List FAQ
Thank you for visiting Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums.
You are currently NOT logged in to a registered account. Some functions of Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums will not be available to you if your are not logged in as a registered member. For a limited time only, registrationto Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums to Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums is !! FREE !! Select the    **REGISTER NOW**    link to register for your FREE Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums account!!

Old 10-26-2016, 09:32 AM

jimbo4822 Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Default Future with Verdict?

At a shop meeting we were informed that the Verus we have as a shop tool will only get one more update and then there will be no more updates. The reasoning is it is a WIN 98 platform. So is the Verdict. Is the Verdict also going to be unsupported next year? I really dont want to purchase a new scan tool, I am on the closing end of my career and do not want to re invest any more than i need to.

thanks
Old 10-26-2016, 12:48 PM

Witsend Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

I thought I have been on the closing end of my career for the last 20 years. Just use your old Verdict as a scope and get a Mini Maxi Cyst off Amazon when they start to dump em when the China Man releases a newer reiteration of what equates to $800 worth of auto diagnostic software on a newer $200 Android tablet. Thank God that gone are the days of paying $5000 for a ancient windows PC so you can play crude video games and hear you got mail on dial up AOL.
Old 10-27-2016, 08:00 AM

sbreland73 You made it!  You've done a great job ofearning reputation from your peers.  You now have secret access to a new hidden forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo4822 View Post
At a shop meeting we were informed that the Verus we have as a shop tool will only get one more update and then there will be no more updates. The reasoning is it is a WIN 98 platform. So is the Verdict. Is the Verdict also going to be unsupported next year? I really dont want to purchase a new scan tool, I am on the closing end of my career and do not want to re invest any more than i need to.

thanks
Windows XP Embedded. Snapon will still sell software updates on those machines for several more years.

"Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change." Stephen Hawking
Old 12-21-2016, 03:05 PM

antthecat Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Been told here in the uk the verdict will not receive updates after 18.2 bundle. Shame

Will still keep it as it does what i need and now going down dealer tool route so it will be a good back up tool.
Old 01-05-2017, 01:36 PM

Default Sooner or later need newer car coverage

Saw a Verdict with 13.2 with European on Craigslist for $1,100 obo.
https://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/tls/5924761475.html
Figuring I would have a 2 channel scope and OBD 1, and could then sell my Counselor 2 and My MT2500 to offset cost to update it and keep the Port Freight 08 as a hole filler.
Looking at the picture of the kit, it looked like the meter and leads were missing. Called the Seller who told me it don't have the leads or the scope meter. Wow,that must have sucked to lose that meter. All this time, I'm thinking the Verdict had the 2 channel scope incorporated into it like a Verus and the meter was just a Bonus DVOM. Updates cost over $1200, which I figure at least $400 of that is to update component testing portion for the included scope meter it should have, and I'm thinking Snappy has BS proprietary set up where you can't just pair another used scope meter purchased off E-bay on another Verdict, and shudder to think what a new one might run. Snappy should offer 2 tier updates for Verus and Verdict $700 for budget challenged folk, the vehicle coverage of scanner and then an extra $500 for updating the scope and scope component test coverage. Oh well thought she looked like a good deal at first , might have to drop another $1200 and just root a brand new Android Chin-a-sys tool for something to get by with for another 3 or 4 more years. It really don't pay to update a discontinued Port Freight 08, I worry some capability with older cars be lost if I updated it because of all the changes to the software past couple years due to legal woes. Excitement like a Hard on , it lasted about 5 minutes realizing you'll be married to it and she'll cost me a lot to dump her later.

Last edited by Witsend; 01-05-2017 at 02:09 PM..
Old 01-05-2017, 02:11 PM

sbreland73 You made it!  You've done a great job ofearning reputation from your peers.  You now have secret access to a new hidden forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witsend View Post
I'm thinking Snappy has BS proprietary set up where you can't just pair another used scope meter purchased off E-bay on another Verdict, and shudder to think what a new one might run.
Not the case. I purchased the M2 Meter from an ebay seller, and pairs quite nicely to any of the "V" platforms. Mine is paired to my Verus Pro.

"Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change." Stephen Hawking
Old 01-05-2017, 02:34 PM

Thanks for clarifying Stacey, good to know. Sounds like a good addition to Verus Pro. Thought I saw one on E-bay for $345
Old 01-05-2017, 10:18 PM

Any chance a M2 meter can be mirrored to a big screen smart TV to view scope?
Old 01-05-2017, 11:06 PM

Wheel Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witsend View Post
Saw a Verdict with 13.2 with European on Craigslist for $1,100 obo.
https://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/tls/5924761475.html
Figuring I would have a 2 channel scope and OBD 1, and could then sell my Counselor 2 and My MT2500 to offset cost to update it and keep the Port Freight 08 as a hole filler.
Looking at the picture of the kit, it looked like the meter and leads were missing. Called the Seller who told me it don't have the leads or the scope meter. Wow,that must have sucked to lose that meter. All this time, I'm thinking the Verdict had the 2 channel scope incorporated into it like a Verus and the meter was just a Bonus DVOM. Updates cost over $1200, which I figure at least $400 of that is to update component testing portion for the included scope meter it should have, and I'm thinking Snappy has BS proprietary set up where you can't just pair another used scope meter purchased off E-bay on another Verdict, and shudder to think what a new one might run. Snappy should offer 2 tier updates for Verus and Verdict $700 for budget challenged folk, the vehicle coverage of scanner and then an extra $500 for updating the scope and scope component test coverage. Oh well thought she looked like a good deal at first , might have to drop another $1200 and just root a brand new Android Chin-a-sys tool for something to get by with for another 3 or 4 more years. It really don't pay to update a discontinued Port Freight 08, I worry some capability with older cars be lost if I updated it because of all the changes to the software past couple years due to legal woes. Excitement like a Hard on , it lasted about 5 minutes realizing you'll be married to it and she'll cost me a lot to dump her later.
You will want to keep your counselor as the m2 scope lacks the dedicated ignition features the counselor has. The counselor has features I wish the Verus had.
Old 01-05-2017, 11:13 PM

Wheel Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbreland73 View Post
Not the case. I purchased the M2 Meter from an ebay seller, and pairs quite nicely to any of the "V" platforms. Mine is paired to my Verus Pro.
It's just a dirty shame you can't use both the native and the m2 scopes on
a Verus at the same time.