Clear All
  • snowmanb2
    • Nov 2017

Ford key fob programming

How do I program a new Ford Key Fob in 17.4
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

No Crystal Balls here hanging off Liberace's Pink Ford Pickup bumper. Maybe you need to take some LSD and then come back and provide some information about the specific Ford you are trying to program the key or FOB on. If it's too new and has coded PATS you may need to join NASTF and get yourself a LS(I)D.

Comment

• STURNER
      • Oct 2014

Depending on the vehicle. You'll probably have to have a pass thru and fmp subscription.

Comment

• Joe Rappa
        Snap-on DSD
        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Witsend
        No Crystal Balls here hanging off Liberace's Pink Ford Pickup bumper.
        Witsend, as much as I hate to..I've gotta ask. What is the significance of Liberace's Pink Ford Pickup? No stretch of my imagination is getting me close.

snowman, as already posted by others, post a year/make/model and then it will be possible to answer. Before you go digging around in the scanner for a solution, give your Service Info a look. I'm sure Alldata and Shopkey have the procedure for it. On some vehicle, no scanner is required. On others, it will require a trip to the dealer.

Joe
        "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
        Henry Ford

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

Witsend, as much as I hate to..I've gotta ask. What is the significance of Liberace's Pink Ford Pickup? No stretch of my imagination is getting me close.
          Well Joe , basically We don't have Crystal balls to know what model Ford and model year Ford that Snowman is asking about, but If Liberace was driving a Pink Ford F-150 , he'ld probably have a pair of Crystal Balls dangling off off it's rear bumper instead of the normal pair some Red Necks have dangling off the back of their F150's

Comment

• Joe Rappa
            Snap-on DSD
            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Witsend
            Well Joe , basically We don't have Crystal balls to know what model Ford and model year Ford that Snowman is asking about, but If Liberace was driving a Pink Ford F-150 , he'ld probably have a pair of Crystal Balls dangling off off it's rear bumper instead of the normal pair some Red Necks have dangling off the back of their F150's
            Fair enough! I just wasn't getting it.
            Joe
            "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
            Henry Ford

Comment

• snowmanb2
              • Nov 2017

2014 Ford Fusion, 17.4 software, Modis Edge

Comment

• Steve6911
                • Feb 2007

Snowman
                Along with the info Joe stated please also add the VIN when asking for help, this vehicle many different sub models and engines.

Is this a Smart key? No blade, push button start?

Steve

Comment

• snowmanb2
                  • Nov 2017

Good Day, this is a blade key, I cannot find in the software where to make the programming of the Fob as stated in the 17.4 update. There is no PATS pathway. I can see the Radio freq in Data, but no functional tests as to complete the task, thank you for the help

Comment

• Steve6911
                    • Feb 2007

Snowman

To the best of my knowledge the remote is part of the key, something like the picture below

fob.JPG

If this is correct I believe the fob programming is part of the Key learn process. You will need an LSID and IDS or Locksmith tools and LSID to do this. You may be best off calling in a Automotive Locksmith.

Steve

Comment

• snowmanb2
                      • Nov 2017

Ford Key fob

The Scanner should be able to perform the reprogramming according to this video

Comment

• Steve6911
                        • Feb 2007

Ok, still not sure about this. I checked with another tool that normally has all the Immo functions and it don't have it either. I found this in one of my info systems. If you have two working keys try it out. If it learns the key it should learn the fob.

Key Programming Using Two Programmed Keys

Programming
                        NOTE: This procedure works only if 2 or more programmed keys are available.
                        NOTE: This procedure works only if the customer spare key programming is enabled.

1.Insert the first programmed PATS (passive anti-theft system) key into the ignition lock cylinder and turn the ignition lock cylinder to RUN (maintain the key in RUN for approximately 3 seconds).
                        2.Turn the first key to OFF and remove the key from the ignition lock cylinder.
                        3.Within 10 seconds of turning the first key to OFF, insert a second programmed PATS (passive anti-theft system) key into the ignition lock cylinder and turn the key to RUN (maintain the key in RUN for approximately 3 seconds).
                        4.Turn the second key to OFF and remove the key from the ignition lock cylinder.
                        5.Within 10 seconds of turning the second key to OFF, insert the new, unprogrammed PATS (passive anti-theft system) key into the ignition lock cylinder and turn the ignition lock cylinder to RUN (maintain the key in RUN for approximately 6 seconds).
                        6.NOTE: A maximum of 8 keys can be programmed into the vehicle.

Repeat steps 1-5 to program additional keys.

Comment

• Witsend
                          Banned
                          • Nov 2012

The Scanner should be able to perform the reprogramming according to this video
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZkDUlrKnoM
                          What's the chance a customer is going to bring you the car with 2 unique keys to add a 3rd key? The customer will be down to his last key or the second one he has will be a C@ckSmith's clone of the other.
                          That 17.4 Hype video is misleading. The scanner may work on most old Ford models and late models that still have Timed PATS (PATS Systems that require a 10 minute wait for security access) In about 2014 some models had Coded PATS with out the 10 minute wait , but where you had to have Internet connection, a J2534 Pass Through device, a Windows 7 Pro Laptop , a Purchased Ford Subscription and a Lock SMITH ID registered through NASTF to get the access code to program the keys. I believe all Ford Models after 2018 will be Coded PATS. Even if a Saavy Customer were to get the IN Code and Out Code from the dealer , the LSID has to be confirmed online and done through a Ford Subscription purchase, So Bend Over .

Comment

Working...