Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bpilon
    • Oct 2017

Verus Edge Presets

I just noticed that my lab scope preset page is blank, even when a vehicle is activated. I used it the other day for a a quick peek on a ignition situation.
    What happen to my presets?
  • Bpilon
    • Oct 2017

Dang ! That dumb of a question?

Comment

• phill57
      • Oct 2007

Lost Presets

Hello there.

There is a little glitch in the software that I have mentioned to Snapon. If you save a lab scope recording to anything other than the root Scope Multimeter folder that seems to break the link in the software to your presets. To get them back load any lab scope and save the recording even if it's blank to the root folder. I name mine test and write over the last saved file. After that your presets should be back. I noticed this when I created sub folders for my saved scope files to try to sort them out. If you can't figure it out from my instructions I'll try to make a video and upload it.

Good luck

Comment

• phill57
        • Oct 2007

Missing Presets

There is a glitch in the verus software and I have mentioned it to Snapon. If you save a scope recording to anything other than the root folder (Scope Multimeter). It will break the link to your presets. I noticed this when I created some sub folders in my Scope Multimeter folder to try to organize my recordings. To get it back open the lab scope. Save a recording doesn't matter if it's blank to the root Scope Multimeter folder. I named mine test and I just save over it each time. Close the scope. Open your presets and they should be back. If I get a chance I'll make a video. Good luck

Comment

• Bpilon
          • Oct 2017

[QUOTE=phill57;

Thx phill... im giving it a go now. i'm glad i wasnt the only one having this issue. ive had the verus edge for only 3 weeks or so now so yes im a noob at this platform.

Comment

• Bpilon
            • Oct 2017

Save a recording doesn't matter if it's blank to the root Scope Multimeter folder.

could you explain how to save to the scope multimeter folder.
            when i have the labscope running i go to the file icon to save but unable to locate that folder.
            only saves in sceenshot folder
            Last edited by Bpilon; 04-08-2018, 11:35 AM.

Comment

• phill57
              • Oct 2007

Missing Presets

I recorded a short video. Here is the link: https://youtu.be/KFGYIS3VOVQ

Hope that helps. It would be really nice if there was some way to create sub folders in the list of presets. I probably have 50 or more but scrolling through one big list is inconvenient to say the least. I would love to sort them either by components or manufacturer. Also I would really like to see the comments screen come back. When you save a scope file or preset there is a popup window that appears that allows you to save comments, instructions etc but you never see it again unless you view the file in Shop Stream Connect.

On another note it would be nice to be able to share presets maybe in a forum like this.

Comment

• Bpilon
                • Oct 2017

Awesome !!! Thx for your time. I'm doing a windows update right now and gonna try that when done. I like to use use my preset options just like you.
                And yes the comment and other info./notes options would be great to have available.

Comment

• Wheel
                  • Jul 2007

Originally posted by phill57
                  I recorded a short video. Here is the link: https://youtu.be/KFGYIS3VOVQ

Hope that helps. It would be really nice if there was some way to create sub folders in the list of presets. I probably have 50 or more but scrolling through one big list is inconvenient to say the least. I would love to sort them either by components or manufacturer. Also I would really like to see the comments screen come back. When you save a scope file or preset there is a popup window that appears that allows you to save comments, instructions etc but you never see it again unless you view the file in Shop Stream Connect.

On another note it would be nice to be able to share presets maybe in a forum like this.
                  Dittos on all this. Two things I can't understand, and I would like someone from Snap On to answer:
                  1. Why did they take away the feature to see our preset information from within the scope software (where we desparately need it!) in the first place? in other words, why downgrade the usefulness of the tool?
                  2.Why have they not returned this feature when several have carefully explained the need, usefulness, and desire for the return of this feature? Is this customer service??

It's way past time to return this and other features stolen from us when 10.4 came out.
                  You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• Witsend
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2012

Dittos on all this. Two things I can't understand, and I would like someone from Snap On to answer:
                    1. Why did they take away the feature to see our preset information from within the scope software (where we desparately need it!) in the first place? in other words, why downgrade the usefulness of the tool?
                    2.Why have they not returned this feature when several have carefully explained the need, usefulness, and desire for the return of this feature? Is this customer service??

It's way past time to return this and other features stolen from us when 10.4 came out.
                    Maybe they lost some key talent like Nasa did after the Space Shuttle program got cancelled and now a lot of it is Chinaman software , spuced up in India, Sure track linked and Beta tested here, Kinda like Nasa's rocket engines (hardware) are basically just dusted off Russian moon rocket engines stored in a warehouse from way back in 1972
                    Last edited by Witsend; 04-09-2018, 01:14 PM.

Comment

• phill57
                      • Oct 2007

Lost 10.2 Features

Originally posted by Wheel

Thanks for the support Wheel. It's only been 8 years lol. Hopefully soon.

Comment

• Bpilon
                        • Oct 2017

8 Years !!! Yikes

Comment

• Witsend
                          Banned
                          • Nov 2012

Originally Posted by Wheel View Post

Probably 90% of the young guys buying a Zuess or Verus Edge , after the novelty of using the scope wears off in less than 12 months are only going to use it after they can't view a graph, or have a comeback/re-check. Mostly newer techs that have no idea what 10.2 offered that got lost in 10.4.... Now what again exactly did 10.2 briefly offer that updates before and after did not offer?
                          Maybe it was old reverse engineered Russian software that Clint , the former S.O. Application tester thought was an unstable Byzantine Cluster F@ck of a Hassle to deal with for what little benefits it offered users
                          Last edited by Witsend; 04-10-2018, 12:33 PM.

Comment

• Wheel
                            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Witsend
                            Maybe they lost some key talent like Nasa did after the Space Shuttle program got cancelled and now a lot of it is Chinaman software , spuced up in India, Sure track linked and Beta tested here, Kinda like Nasa's rocket engines (hardware) are basically just dusted off Russian moon rocket engines stored in a warehouse from way back in 1972
                            What they lost was the common sense and courtesy to listen to the people who actually use their tools - I'm talking about the bean counters & the people in upper level management who decide what does and doesn't go into the tools. If these would only listen to their customers, beta testers, support people, and others of their company who actually live and work in the real world - those who actually know what is going on and what works and what doesn't - then Snap On's diagnostic tools would be WELL ahead of what they are now. Perhaps decades.
                            You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• Wheel
                              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by phill57
                              Thanks for the support Wheel. It's only been 8 years lol. Hopefully soon.
                              I hope you aren't holding your breath waiting - I'm not. Although easily within their abilities, they have willfully chosen not to return these features and likely never will unless a lot of don't care-itis about their customers is removed from upper level management.

I'm beginning to think certain videos once made comparing the differences in the older and newer software - highlighting what needs to be returned and why needs to find its way onto Youtube or somewhere and let everyone make up their own mind. I need to dig these up and review them.

Witsend is spot - on with his questions in his post below this one of yours and he and others deserve a thorough answer. Everyone needs to know what they are missing out on and it will be up to those of us who remember what was lost to collaborate and provide these answers.

Comment

Working...