Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 65whaler
    • Sep 2017

My first gen Modis freezes

My first gen Modis freezes when I try to save a movie from the scope upper right hand file menu. Can you maintain these units like you would a windows computer: defrag, error check, delete files, disc clean up, or something
    The only remedy I can find is force shut down by holding down the power button. Thanks
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

My first gen Modis freezes when I try to save a movie from the scope upper right hand file menu. Can you maintain these units like you would a windows computer: defrag, error check, delete files, disc clean up, or something
    The only remedy I can find is force shut down by holding down the power button. Thanks
    I don't think it has a conventional internal hard drive you can defrag, just the master CF card in slot. You can try to stabilize the voltage with the AC power adapter plugged into it or try cloning the CF card from a program off a Ubuntu or Linux Mint PC. (A Windows PC probably may not copy all the encrypted protected files of an embedded version of another Windows OS)
    Call tech support and if they won't provide any useful information to keep an old Modis going , it's time to take a look inside it or sell it for parts

Comment

• BRIAN617
      • Dec 2016

On the main menu home page go down to

wrench icon

system tools

system restore

Had to do mine this way a few times to avoid freezing

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

wrench icon

system tools

system restore

If that works, Will that restore it to the update level that it is presently at or the old original software level it had when new?

Comment

• 65whaler
          • Sep 2017

Originally posted by Witsend
          I don't think it has a conventional internal hard drive you can defrag, just the master CF card in slot. You can try to stabilize the voltage with the AC power adapter plugged into it or try cloning the CF card from a program off a Ubuntu or Linux Mint PC. (A Windows PC probably may not copy all the encrypted protected files of an embedded version of another Windows OS)
          Call tech support and if they won't provide any useful information to keep an old Modis going , it's time to take a look inside it or sell it for parts
          Thanks, I'll need an IT guy for that, and you're right I should upgrade.

Comment

• 65whaler
            • Sep 2017

Originally posted by BRIAN617

wrench icon

system tools

system restore

What is you're update level? Did that change when you did the system restore? I'm afraid to try that!

Comment

• BRIAN617
              • Dec 2016

Originally posted by 65whaler
              What is you're update level? Did that change when you did the system restore? I'm afraid to try that!
              I think we were only updated to 15 or 16 something on that machine. As far as I know, the update level is stored in the card. My dealer is the one who showed me that.

Comment

Working...