X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • slumapas
    • Mar 2009

Transfer case codes on a MT2500

Hello,

I purchased a used mt2500 for dirt cheap and I'm trying to read my transfer case codes. I can read the transfer case live data, but it tells me that the codes are not available in that mode. Am I doing it wrong or is my software too old? What software version do I need? Mine says v1.8. Can I upgrade it or do I need to buy a brick with a newer software version?

I've got the Domestic Primary 96-01 and the Fastrack Troubleshoot Domestic thru 1999 cartridges.

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm pretty new to these scanners (if that wasn't obvious...)

I'm trying to read the service 4wd light on my 1999 GMC Sierra 4x4. Thanks in advance!
  • MVanDyke
    • Mar 2009

Hi,

I'm not sure of the capabilities of that software version, but the selections to clear and retrieve codes are usually on one of the menus before or with the selection to view live data.

Mike

Comment

• normanatlm
      • Apr 2009

probably before, I have that catridge, if you want to give the vin info entered, I will check 4 u
      Last edited by normanatlm; 04-11-2009, 05:04 AM.

Comment

• michaelsmith
        • Aug 2011

I guess it badly needs some new set of data with the new cartridges! Might want to consider buying a new one as well so the transfer case would work with the truck.
        best cars are fixed with the best tools
        Snap on
        Isuzu Truck Accessories

Comment

• GM guy
          • Dec 2006

tcase codes

Try selecting troubleshooter, it will tell how to access flash codes for that system if it does not support C codes. I take it you have "selectable" tcase not "auto"?

Comment

• sbreland73
            • Jan 2009

michaelsmith is bringing up really old posts to try and promote something. BE AWARE OF POST DATES.
            S. Breland

Comment

Working...