Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • prmayner
    • Jun 2013

A little help from my friends.

Have Verus with 12.2.2 tried to scan a 03 Mercedes s500 entering vin info auto & manually but get no comm. tried different modules still no luck. Funny thing is when i went to customer invoice it showed 2 codes, a tail light code and a door lock code. When it says if you want to load s500 into scanner it goes right to a list of all the modules, it doesnt say codes or clear codes. Maybe that's just how Mercedes is , not sure. Tried my Maxidas and it had a whole book of codes related to the pse system which is what i'm trying to work on. Of course it may be off too, but i could use bi-direct with it to work the locks. Anyways any info would be greatly appreciated, Thanks and have a real easy day.

I forgot when i tap on a system to go into it does say ecu needs to be determined to correctly id thr system-switch ignition on. Whatever that means maybe replacement ecu? Don't know.
  • badcoupe
    • Jan 2011

usually it wants you to use the mercedes specific cable for those systems, does it, when you enter the vehicle or does it just list the obd cable? it lists all possible modules although not all vehicles are equipped with all of them, VW for instance. once you select the appropiate module then it tells you to turn key on while it comms.

Comment

• prmayner
      • Jun 2013

Originally posted by badcoupe
      usually it wants you to use the mercedes specific cable for those systems, does it, when you enter the vehicle or does it just list the obd cable? it lists all possible modules although not all vehicles are equipped with all of them, VW for instance. once you select the appropiate module then it tells you to turn key on while it comms.
      It just says connect dl16 adapter with key 44 to diagnostic connector located next to hood release but now you made me think and i think i grabbed the extra obdII cable we have instead of the dl16, i'll check tomorrow and let you know, damn i feel stupid. thanks for your reply.

Comment

• badcoupe
        • Jan 2011

No problem hope it works out. I have a 02 slk that comes in that the standard ob2 port only works for gen ob2, My verus requires thew merc conn if you enter the vehicle.

Comment

• prmayner
          • Jun 2013

Originally posted by badcoupe
          No problem hope it works out. I have a 02 slk that comes in that the standard ob2 port only works for gen ob2, My verus requires thew merc conn if you enter the vehicle.
          Yea it was the wrong cable, this will probably be the only Mercedes i ever work on, i wouldn't have taken it but got a little hungry and i like a challenge,

Comment

Working...