• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ibsta
    • Nov 2016

ABS Help!

Hi All

Vehicle: 2006 Golf MKV TDI 2.0 GT

In the past week my transaction control light appearing on the dash during a normal drive. I tried to turn it off using the ESP button but this makes no difference and traction control stays off.

I got my friend to do a code read on his scanner and the G201 – brake pressure sensor failure and was advised by him that it is a common fault for the ECU on the unit to fail and would edit need to have it repaired or replaced. So I decided to get it replaced with a second hand one from a breakers.

Today I have had the ABS replaced and would have thought I just need to clear the code however clearing the code did not do anything and the ABS and transition control light still appear. When I read the ABS Module it says Control Module Incorrectly Coded, codes below:

5 Faults Found:
    01486 - System Function Test Activated
    000 - -01435 - Brake Pressure Sensor 1 (G201)
    005 - No or Incorrect Basic Setting / Adaptation
    00778 - Steering Angle Sensor (G85)
    01423 - Lateral Acceleration Sensor (G200)
    01044 - Control Module Incorrectly Coded
    003 - Mechanical Failure

I have read up and realised in order to reprogram the ABS unit I require the long code from the original ABS unit and logging and soft code to programme the ABS? my understanding of this process is not very good and would appreciate if there is anyone in the East Midlands area who can program this for me as I am willing to travel.

Cheers.
  • kittonik
    • Dec 2017

Hey, solved your problem? I have this abs scan tool and I have also this type https://theeffectiveguide.com/foxwell-nt630-review/ problem.
    Last edited by kittonik; 02-06-2018, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Working...