question about verus and 2007 chrysler van pcm.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 19mopar
    • Oct 2010

question about verus and 2007 chrysler van pcm.

Vehicle came in with no start. Theft light on but not flashing. Codes in pcm P0513 Invalid Skim Key. Codes in skreem VIN MISMATCH and ROLLING CODE Failure. Vehicle wouldn't crank very fast for customer and they jump started it. Then vehicle started a couple of times and ran for a few seconds and died. Then vehicle wouldn't crank at all. Know that the start and die is normal and found out after numerous attempts it will quit attempting to crank and this is normal if key is wrong, not programmed, or damaged. Customer brought in other key, cleared codes, same thing. Performed diagnostics for these codes and found that VIN programed into PCM is missing digits.

VIN FOR VAN: 2A4GP54L27R135289
    VIN Diplayed on Verus: ACGP54L27R13528

Diagnostics shows if vin is mismatched in pcm you need to replace PCM and program. I am wondering if my VERUS is reading VIN Correctly, seems wierd that VIN read on verus is short 2 digits and has one digit wrong. Also if i decide i need a pcm can the verus complete the VIN writing and that is all i need to do or does it need to go to the chrysler dealer to get programmed. I have a verus pro with 13.4. Also is it posible that vehicle needs skreem and PCM. Can communicate with PCM and SKREEM. I think I know that the skreem would need to be programmed at chrysler dealer with key pin code. Thanks

Darren Nelson
  • derktins
    • Oct 2012

No the Verus will not write the VIN to a new PCM or program the SKIM keys. A pass thru will write the vin, but also won't program the SKIM keys (I think).

Someone will correct me if I am wrong, I'm sure.

Before you jump into a new PCM, though, have you tried reading the VIN with a different tool or a pass thru? It does seem odd that the numbers are almost identical except the missing digits.

Comment

• jm43130
      • Apr 2008

Verus and Solus Ultra and probably Verdict and Modis all can program vin into "new" pcm. They can't rewrite a used pcm. They can't program skim into new pcm either, but vin write function allows new pcm to accept skim on first key cycle. You need a pass through to over write vin in used pcm or to correct a corrupted pcm, but only a factory drb3 can write skim codes.

Comment

Working...