Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ronald316
    • Oct 2018

code specific diagnostic

i don t know about anybody else but the zeus is really sold on code specific guide test but out of all the domestic cars ive scan it might have a guided test for 3 of them.come on snapon
  • GypsyR
    • Jul 2017

Yeah, we've had ours about two years now and pretty much feel our money has been 90% wasted with the extra diagnostics features. I suspect if we did more general service and had young and very green techs we might get more out of it. But as is..not so much.

Comment

• SnapOnKid
      • Jan 2011

I much prefer my discontinued Verus Edge. If the future of Snap On scan tools continues down the path of the Zeus's software, I will gladly spend my money elsewhere.

This is my 3rd Verus Product and I really like all the features the tool has to offer. The Nonsense they try to shove down your throat with the Zeus steered me away from that. Especially when, at the time, they had no way to disable the Extra steps.

The only thing I like about the Zeus is the dongle that Snap On won't sell me Because they don't like my money...

Comment

• GypsyR
        • Jul 2017

They really won't sell you one? That sucks. I have tried it and proven that my Verus Edge will work fine with a Zeus dongle. But for the money, the gigantic soap-on-a-rope is paid for and works OK. So I didn't pursue further than asking the price of the newer dongle. $1800, I think I was told around when the Zeus was being introduced.

Comment

• SnapOnKid
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by GypsyR
          They really won't sell you one? That sucks. I have tried it and proven that my Verus Edge will work fine with a Zeus dongle. But for the money, the gigantic soap-on-a-rope is paid for and works OK. So I didn't pursue further than asking the price of the newer dongle. $1800, I think I was told around when the Zeus was being introduced.
          Last time I checked, I was told no they are only for the Zeus. I asked what happens if some with a zeus loses one and I was told it has to go up the chain for approval for replacement...

Comment

Working...