Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • STURNER
    • Oct 2014

C0161 bpp switch

09 silverado. C0161. Data pid shows applied and brake lights stay on. Do some testing and decide on pedal switch. Switch 1 is echlin from napa, no fix. Switch 2 is echlin from napa, no fix. Switch 3 is standard from federated, no fix. Oe switch coming in the morning. All switches work good plugged in and holding in my hand. Seems to me the tolerances are too tight when installed on pedal. Anyone ran into this? Maybe the booster has been changed at some point?
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

Not enough free play at the top of the pedal position (pedal released) ?

Comment

• STURNER
      • Oct 2014

Oe switch fixed it.

Comment

• Modis500
        • Sep 2012

Thanks for the info on this one. We had a 2008 Suburban that had the same issue. NAPA switch kept lights on, so we just reinstalled oe faulty switch and sent her on her way as the oe switch was 2x's the cost. I was wondering if the BCM was needing a relearn after a switch replacement but this cleared it up for me.
        "If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time!"
        Zig Ziglar

Comment

• STURNER
          • Oct 2014

Napa, federated, and gm were all the same price on my end. The aftermarket switches would close with just the weight of the pedal making contact. The oe had bout 1/8 in of slack (3/8 at the top of pedal) before it would close. The one from federated looked as if it had been installed and returned. The guy at napa said they knew of someone else having the same problem.

Comment

• Because
            • Jul 2010

For the archives - I ran into this on a Suburban. Most likely had the wrong switch. OE, there are two different switches. You must pay close attention to get the correct switch. I don't play with aftermarket at all when it comes to these kinds of parts. In the long run they're way too expensive.

Comment

• carfixer
              • Apr 2015

I have seen that before been sayin for years always use oe parts when possible...........

Comment

Working...