Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

GM I03 Radio Install Time

No Joke, over 2 hours to flash an I03 base radio, 15 Silverado. If you go home at 5:00 PM don't start this job at 4:45. Make sure you laptop is plugged in or a really good battery.
    Attached Files
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Yeah it looks like your laptop battery is low in the screen shot. Before paying for a sub and doing it , you might want to make sure everything is up to speed on your end with your internet provider with a speed test of your internet connection.
    Use Speedtest on all your devices with our free desktop and mobile apps.

Comment

• greasybob
      • May 2008

The 14 meg download only took a few seconds, I think termites are carrying the bits on their backs to the radio inside the pass thru 3 cable.

Comment

• diesel71
        • Feb 2008

wow that is a long time. I had to program every module in a 2017 f-350 and thought a hour to do all was long. we might have to think about charging different with these longer programing times.

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

The 14 meg download only took a few seconds, I think termites are carrying the bits on their backs to the radio inside the pass thru 3 cable.
          Lol, You would think if newer radio had a USB port you would be able to copy the programming files to a USB storage device and just plug that directly into the radio and not need a damn Jbox at all.

Comment

• tech25
            • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Witsend
            Lol, You would think if newer radio had a USB port you would be able to copy the programming files to a USB storage device and just plug that directly into the radio and not need a damn Jbox at all.
            correct.. thats how a lot of Italian car radios do it. most modules are programmed through the obd port. but the radios are updated by files on a usb flash dongle. works pretty quick too.

Comment

• greasybob
              • May 2008

It's really not accurate to call anything on a vehicle a radio any more. It usually takes 4 or 5 modules working together to make a radio. A receiver, a user interface (dials, buttons, or touch screen), a display screen, a digital processing module that determines which media is on the speakers or display screen, and a CD or DVD drive and maybe a an amplifier. The instrument cluster can get involved in all this also as well as GPS and a seperate digital receiver. Vehicles have become cell phones or media hubs on wheels. This was the actual receiver that I replaced.
              Last edited by greasybob; 09-08-2018, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Working...